FORTY-EIGHT✔️

******

The night went quite well for Keila. Hamilton was not a boring dude and he related with her as if they had known each other before. He just didn't mention if he was interested in her or she was forced on him like he was on her. That shouldn't have been on their very first date. She had been hoping it would be the first and the last date but after spending close to an hour with him and laughing or getting attracted by his damn hot looks, she wanted another date.

  Anyways, she hoped after that meeting, she didn't get stressed to marry him. She knew so much that she didn't love him and he wasn't someone she happily wanted to spend the rest of her life with. If only things hadn't gone wrong between her and Hayden. They had seemed to be made for each other.

  She would keep trying with him, he wouldn't just toss her away that easily, she assured herself. They had loved each other more than getting over too fast.

  "Think straight Kei, you never thought about all this when you assured yourself and him that you were done", she scolded herself and turned to Hamilton instead.

  "Thanks for the nice time", she said as she started to get down from his car. By this time, she had stopped expecting him to open her door, they weren't even together yet, she reminded herself but he could have been a gentleman.

  "The pleasure is mine. Have a goodnight", he answered.

  "And you too, bye", she replied and went into her gate before he drove off.

  She got inside and got changed, cleaned her makeup, took a shower and dressed in her pajamas. She got on her bed and started surfing the net.

  Alex called and she exhaled deeply before picking his call.

  "Hi dad".

  "Keila, how was your evening?".

  "Fine", she answered.

  "Sure it would be. Hamilton is such a great guy, he is interesting too. I knew you would like him".

  "Dad, I haven't even said anything", she countered.

"I know you Keila. You would have said all the stuffs you weren't comfortable about right away as I called, if you didn't like him".

  "Whatever, he is cool".

  "You guys will make a good pair".

  "Don't think it dad".

  "I started this and I get to decide where it ends, so just hang in there for me daughter".

  "I had a stressful day, dad. I should go to bed. Goodnight".

  "Goodnight favorite".

  She gave a snobbish look at the word favorite. She had only wanted to get rid of him, she couldn't sleep yet. She had the day's event to play in her head and Hayden on her mind. She hated herself for wanting him this much.

  She checked the time and it was just two minutes after eleven. Their time was just an hour different, so Hayden couldn't have been sleeping, she thought and phoned him.

  "Hi", he said after picking the call almost immediately.

  "Hey Hayden", she tried to talk brightly, but he didn't catch it.

  "What's up?", he asked like earlier.

  "How are you?".

  "Sure good and you?".

  "Pretty fine. Hope your day wasn't stressful?", she tried again.

  "Nah, just work and flex".

  "That's nice, good to know you have learnt to flex quite well, you needed it".

  "I just realized" .

  "Yeah", she said and grew short of words.

  "You seem to want to be calling quite well this days, we are no longer together and when we broke up, we couldn't pick up as friends. My sixth sense tells me something is amiss somewhere. What do you want Keila?, I have a girlfriend now. I don't want her going crazy because my ex is disturbing me", he said plainly.

  Keila tried to be strong but everything he had said was right, he did move on anyways. She was a fool to have thought he wouldn't. She wanted to cry but didnt. Nah she was stronger than breaking down when he could listen.

  "We both know you don't have a girlfriend Hay".

  "I do and I plan to marry her when I'm done here".

  "Common Hay", she muttered tears already evident in her voice. "I....i...want you back", she said tears cutting her words short. She took him by surprises dm herself because she didn't expect the confession she made.

  She rarely broke down when he was with her and to imagine she was crying because she wanted him, it was too much for Hayden.

  When he initially started dating Rowena, he still wanted Keila but he started to give his all to her and though it took a while, he seemed to love her more presently and he wouldn't break Rowena for Keila. She had hurt him already but he wasn't trying to make a comeback at her. They just couldn't be again.

  "Look Keila, I'm sorry but I just said I have a girlfriend. We can't be together and to avoid any possible troubles, we might just stop talking to each other. I don't even want to start...never mind. We are fine apart".

  He had wanted to say he didn't want to start developing feelings for her if they became friends, he still had a soft spot for her but it would only give her the ginger to keep trying.

  "Fine, thanks and I'm sorry. I sincerely hope the best for you and your girlfriend and I'm sorry I made things difficult for you. I hope we can better be friends in the future. Goodnight", she said and hung up.

  She didn't need to hear anything more from him, his words pierced like needle to her soft skin and she ended up crying herself to sleep.

  Now Alex was damn going to have his way.

******

Hayden and Rowena together plays a good picture for me☺️.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️