THIRTY-ONE✔️

********

"I've been trying to reach her but it's not going through", Lexy told Hayden.

  He had called her to finally voice his discomfort with he and Keila. He had no other choice and someone to confide in.

"Same here, I guess she blocked my number".

"Prolly it's the same case with me. But why should Keila do this, it wasn't necessary, I just wanted to talk some senses into her".

"Damn, I'm fucking tired of her episodes, it's fine and I'm so sorry to have caused this between you two".

"Forget it Hay, this could have still happened sooner or later, we will make it up soon. I should pay her a visit".

"I'm sorry to have ruined your friendship", Hayden pressed on sincerely.

"Let it go, we are fine, shit happens yunno".

"But well, this sure being my fault hurts my feelings ".

"It's not your fault, just a significance that she doesn't want to be corrected once she thinks she is right".

"I do hope you guys get back together soon, kindly let me in on how it is with you two".

"Sure I will, and you too, take care of yourself. I dunno how best to advise you, cause all decision you make should be solely yours. They will be at your own interest Hayden, so I guess, all the best".

"Pretty yeah, but will you think I'm also like her if I say I'm ready to give up?".

"Nope, you've been stronger on this and well if it's not yielding, giving up in some aspects is not weakness, you just always can't have everything. So you're free to take any step you feel is right".

"Thanks a lot. Just that, it's been two months after break up and there are no slight signs of we coming back together, I must confess I'm tired already and slowly starting to loose feelings. I've lost concentration here and I can't afford my two years stay over here flop. She should know better than doing this to me".

"I'm sorry on her behalf but first things first, you should try to push this to the far end of your mind and give your education your priority, everything will come back to normal one day ".

"I hope so, anyways if you get in touch with her, give my best regards. I should stop trying right now".

"I will, be fine".

"You too, gotta go now".

"Sure bye".

******

Keila was dressed to go and see her father. They were both going to meet her mum. She had mixed feelings towards the meeting but she couldn't help it.

"Dad, I'm here", she said when she got into the large living room.

"Welcome Keila".

"You set?".

"Sure, you look good".

  "Thanks dad, you look like a perfect gentleman too", she whined.

"That's what your dad is".

They both laughed lightly, before walking out of the main house to the garage where the driver was waiting to drive them.

About 45 minutes after, since they had to go and visit across the city, they got to a restaurant that looked like it had no life in it.

"We are here sir", the driver announced.

"You sure you got the description right".

"Yes sir, it's on the map".

"Oh wow, drive in then".

The driver drove in and the signal boards directed the garage, then he parked. The place was very large and well constructed, but way to quiet for their comfort and no one was seen around. Keila was relieved when she saw a couple walking out hand in hand of the main building, they were laughing and acting all sweet not noticing them.

"Why would mom decide to choose this place of all places?".

"A question she alone can answer", her dad answered and they walked towards the building.

"Drive around, I will give you a call to let you know when you can come and get us", Keila's dad said to the driver and he nodded gratefully before driving off.

"Welcome Mr, welcome ma'am", they were greeted at the door. "This way", the lady gestured.

"Thanks", they both muttered and took her direction.

"Good evening sir and ma, private lounge?".

"We are meeting someone here".

"Name please?".

Keila's dad answered that and after a call.....

"Room 67, third floor, you can take the lift".

"Thank you".

Getting to the room door, it automatically opened for them and light music was in the room, it was comfortable for three and had good interior decorations. They were quick to notice Dawn who sat at the table constantly taking water while they were rooted on the spot.

"Come on in", she gestured with a feeble voice.

They both walked carefully across the room shocked.

"Mom....", Keila started her voice holding mixed emotions, hurt and fear.

"Keila, you are such a grown up girl now", Dawn smiled, a smile that wasn't her usual.

"And what have you turned yourself into Dawn?", Alex asked not expecting an answer.

"Take a seat you two", she said, and they cautiously did.

"How have you both been?", she started.

"Mom, obviously we have been fine but look at you", Keila cried.

It had been years she last saw her mother after she divorced her dad. After then, her dad got in touch with her mom for her sake, they didn't want her feeling out. But her mom remarried, about five years ago, she was no longer chanced to see Dawn, all efforts proving abortive, they only spoke rarely and soon Keila became frustrated and cut her mom off. She couldn't have imagined seeing her on again in this condition.

"I'm fine as long as you are baby".

"Since when has this happened?, was this why you wouldn't let us visit and changed locations?, what the hell is going on with you Dawn?", Alex shouted looking at his former wife looking so pale, thin and unfed with her eyes almost popping out of its socket and wrinkles lining her once beautiful face, she was too young for this. What could have happened?.

"First I use this restaurant because it is noise free and I'm allowed privacy, so you are not allowed to shout at me, my condition doesn't even tolerate it", she cautioned.

"I'm sorry", he apologized instantly.

"I missed you so much Keila".

"No mom, you didn't, else you would have even let me see you again once and not while you are like this, you weren't being fair to me, I had a mother like I didn't have one".

"I'm so sorry darling", Dawn teared stretching her arms out for a hug and Keila couldn't restrain herself and jumped into her arms rather too tightly.

******

Finally mentioning Dawn, Keila's mother. Hang in there to know what really happened with her😊.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️