FORTY-SEVEN✔️

********

Her heart did a marathon race as she dialed Hayden's number. She couldn't have imagined herself needing his help this way and to think he wasn't in the line of helping her, it worsened her.

She wished things were back to normal and he hadn't traveled. She wished they were married and her daddy had no reason to stress her this way. She missed him and wanted him, Keila realized she had made a mistake after all. She could have been more patient and taken Lexy's advice but now things had taken a new turn, a wrong turn.

He picked the call after a ring, and she grew nervous again. She had practiced what to tell him but they weren't coming that moment.

"Keila?", he said after she was silent for about 20 seconds.

"Uhm hi, good afternoon Hayden".

"What's up?".

"How are you doing?", she asked instead.

"I know so well you don't care about how I am, but thanks for asking, is there any problem?".

"Hay, none really. I just uhh..called to tell you I'm very sorry".

"What for?", he asking trying to play innocent, and it made her feel like a fool.

"I'm sorry for how I've treated you and if I ever made you go through pains, forgive me Hayden, I was wrong, I never......"

"Cut it off Keila, you didn't wrong me. I'm okay and I don't hold a grudge against you, I just don't think it's necessary to keep you around me".

"Don't talk this way Hayden, I know I really made you go through a lot, I had my reasons".

"Your reasons, oh go to hell with your fucking reasons", he said raising his voice. "You have your reasons for calling too, and if it's just to say sorry, I want to hang up now. I have a lot to do", he said more harshly than he intended to sound.

Choking back tears, she managed to say okay and waited for him to bang the call. Keila fell back on her bed and let out the tears she had been holding badly, she didn't stand a chance with him. He was even out of her reach, and that didn't help. She cried and wished she could turn back the hands of the clock. If only she could..

*****

Throughout the next five working days, Keila went about her duties in a gloomy manner. She really wasn't looking forward to Saturday evening but she had to look forward to it. She would heed her dad this one time, she hope it went wrong and he should see reasons with her.

Saturday came and she spent the former of the day sleeping and eating junks on movies. She had told Lexy what her dad's conclusion had been. Lexy had offered to help her get ready for the date but she declined the offer. It would mean her best friend taking a leave for her night shift.

She didn't want to stress Lexy who was already in her husband's home. And besides, she still felt guilty about wronging Lexy and thing weren't easy like before between them for her but she knew Lexy had recovered from it.

When it was 6pm, she sat at her mirror and did her make up which she was very good at and properly changed her hair. She wore an evening gown she had chosen and was ready few minutes to seven. Alex had told her the guy would come and get her at her place, instead of his driver like he said before.

When it was two minutes to seven, she grew more nervous, she didn't know the impression Hamilton was going to have of her or the one should have of him. She was dying to find out. And although she did pray things would work out bad, she couldn't help wanting it to be good.

A minute after seven, she heard the horn and hurriedly walked out of the gate but she comported herself when she saw his car. He sat down behind the wheels and waited for her come closer.

He rolled down the passenger's side window and asked her to hop in. Keila started to grow annoyed but didn't show it. She was used to guys opening doors for her since she started going on a date or out with them but he had sat resplendent behind the wheels and asked her to come in.

She did get in and just sat down hand up to chin, in a manner that didn't stain her make up. She avoided looking at his face scared of what she would get. She saw him through the transparent front screen before she got in but she hadn't taken a notice what his face really looked like.

"You're really pretty like your dad said", Hamilton spoke with a smile.

It was then she gathered courage to look at him. She immediately got lost with his facial features. He was handsome with a color of eyeballs she couldn't place in the evening time. He had a nice haircut and clean chin that was free of beards. He wore a earring since she could only see his right side and his smile was dashing. He looked sweet but hardly attracted Keila's immediate feelings. She could fall in love with his looks but she wasn't sure of the personality. He hasn't done one thing she would have loved a guy doing for her. Maybe he didn't consider it important, she told herself.

"Thanks, you've got nice looks too", she answered after a while.

"Keila is a nice name yunno".

"I know right, thanks. It's nice to meet you".

He just smiled and started to drive. The journey was long and silent. He drove her to a restaurant. She hadn't been there before although she lived in that city. The place was beautiful, alive and had a classic vibe.

"You shouldn't have had dinner, I figured. So here would be perfect", he told her flashing her his million dollars smile. The smile looked natural like what he was used to doing.

"Yeah I haven't. Thank you", she managed to smile back.

"Come on, lets have a good meal", Hamilton said and got down.

Not expecting him to get her door open, she reluctantly got down from the car and walked close to him into the restaurant.

*****

Introducing an important new character at the end of the book, Hamilton.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️