FORTY-SIX✔️

*******

  It was a sunday. Keila was home, and she was lonely. Whatever made life fun, she didn't know anymore because aside from work and hanging out with Lexy once in two weeks, she didn't know what was fun for her anymore.

  She had resisted calling Hayden after the first time she did, days ago. But she had it in mind to call him again, that day.

  Bored, she changed into one of her numerous joggers, and a light top, wore a canvas, tied her hair in a bun and put her earphones on. Then she went out for a jog.

  "It's been a while I did sports, i should burn some excess fat", she smiled at herself before leaving her house, unlocked.

  When she was tired and convinced she had done a satisfactory work on herself, she headed home. On seeing her dad's Lexus Jeep parked in her garage, she heaved a frustrated sigh and walked in.

   Alex and Dawn stood on her veranda.

  "Hey dad, morning mom", she greeted, dabbing at the sweat that remained on her face.

  She pushed her door open and waited for then to go in before she did. Alex supported Dawn in.

  "You know my door's code. Shouldn't have kept mom standing there".

  "Doesn't mean I get to invade your privacy anytime. And besides we haven't been here long. We called before coming but you didn't pick", Alex said.

  "Yeah I didn't take my phone along. I went for a jog".

  "It's fine, I'm tryna exercise my legs by taking walks or standing for a while", Dawn smiled.

  "I know mum, doesn't mean you should overwork yourself. Please, you understand your condition better".

  "Thanks daughter", Dawn replies finally feeling close to her daughter again.

  "What can I get you dad, mom?".

  "I'm fine", Dawn said immediately. "And besides, I love your interior designs".

  "Thanks to dad", she said truthfully.

  "I want a beer", her dad told her.

  She got Alex his favorite and against Dawn's will, she served her a wine.

  "Excuse me dad, mom, please, I need to take a shower", she said and walked herself out of the living room.

  She rushed through her bath and dressing, so she wouldn't keep her parents waiting, although she badly wanted to keep them waiting. She dreaded the discussion to come.

  "Yeah, I'm back. I hope you're having a good time?", she asked when she got back after what seemed like forever to an anxious Alex.

  "Sure. Thanks", Dawn said.

"We should talk", Alex reminded her.

  "Mom you are not taking your wine", she faced her mom instead.

  "Too much is not good for my health, please".

  "My bad, I'm sorry. Should I get you something else".

  "I can manage a little of this".

  "Keila", Alex called again.

  "Dad?", she groaned inwardly.

  "We need to talk".

  "If it's concerning the matter we have at hand, dad, I don't think we have much to say. I still haven't found a solution, wouldn't you hold on for me?".

  "I have the solution already. Why are you doing this to yourself and us?".

  "Mom, you should make dad see reasons with me. You weren't forced to marry him, were you?. You did because you loved him and you had me at your own time. I don't see why dad's reasoning suddenly changed", Keil lamented.

  "Leave our mom out of this", Alex growled again and she seemed to notice he did that whenever her mom was in the picture.

  "Alex, calm down", Dawn tried to pacify his building anger.

  "I won't be calm until Keila has to do what I want. She was engaged to someone and I still don't see a good reason she decided to end things with him. They were together for about two years. Should I wait for her again, to be with another man for two years and end things abruptly because of her foolishness".

  "Dad, you're talking as if you know what went wrong between us", she shouted. "This is my life and I should live it the way I want".

  "Not when the ways are stupid and I have better plans for you. You seem not to be smart enough to decide for yourself. Time waits for no one Kei".

  "I know that so well, first of all, this isn't my fault. Hayden travelled and whatever he has to do over there elapses in two years".

  "You were willing to wait".

  "Of course I was".

  "If you had been waiting for him, I wouldn't have taken an action because I trust him to come back here and make things right with you. You really don't know but then I really believe in that Hayden guy, and I wouldn't have minded if you had to wait some times more. An explanation as to why is what I can't give. You stopped realizing how much you loved to show him off, spend time with him and fantasize how you want to live the rest of your life with him and this shouldn't be my place but he was dear serious with you. Whatever changed, I'm yet to find out. And since you decided to get into a scandal with my company's manager, you fucked it up. It only gives my head a thinking that he was why you broke up with Hayden. I've decided to keep quiet as if I didn't know what you had with him, thinking you might then get your senses back but I don't think you are really what I expected, why won't I take a step for you then?".

  She gasped. "Fuck, dad", shocked by his confession.

  "Language daughter", Dawn warned.

  "That...that", she stammered.

  "Forget about it. All I want is for you to follow my lead now".

  "What do you want me to do?", she asked gently as if in surrender, her eyes beginning to get cloudy and her face red from embarrassment that her dad knew about her hidden misdeed. She just didn't know how much he knew, maybe Miles told him.

  "A friend of mine has a son I don't mind shipping you with", Alex said proudly when he knew he already got her at the right spot.

  "You would like his personality when you meet. He is a businessman, and trust me, he is your taste. He has agreed to meet you. You would go on a date with him this Saturday. My driver will pick you up, 7pm Keila. You wouldn't disappoint me I know, right?".

  "But dad, I'm trying to make things right for myself. Could you just postpone this and let's see if I can have a solution".

  "You still should favor my own request this first time. You might fall in love on Saturday", her dad joked.

  It didn't sound like a joke to Keila, she just looked at him in contempt, yeah like she was about to hate the man she had always loved.

  "We should leave. Thanks for the time", Alex said and stood up.

  "Keila I'm sorry this is above me. I guess you should just try and.."

  "Obey my dad?".

  Dawn nodded and she was helped up by Alex. Unwillingly, Keila escorted them to the garage and gave her mom a hug before watching them leave.

  When she got back inside, she reminded herself to speak to Hayden that day. She could still help herself.

******

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️