TWENTY-TWO✔️

*******

   "We broke up", Keila said into the phone.

   "What?!, you guys broke up?".

  "Actually I broke up with him", she offered instead to her best friend, Lexy.

  "I can't believe this, but why Keila?".

  "Stop asking me why. Since it's no longer working for us, I don't see any reason I should keep on beating pain. Nah it's unfair to us both, so I decided to quit", she answered.

  "I don't even know what to say but wow, I don't know why you decided to make that decision but since you already did, I have no choice than just hope for the best for you. At least, I won't be the one to live your live, so it's fine baby", Lexi said dejectedly to her best friend.

  It wasn't like Lexy knew Hayden more than how they were, just friends because of Keila, but she trusted him. She didn't know why, nobody could be trusted but there were a lot of stuffs that made her trust him more than necessary and she wished Keila could see.

  "Yeah thanks, how is your engagement preparation going on?".

  "Very fine, it's in a months time".

  "Congrats Lex".

   "Thanks, so I hope you're doing fine without him?".

  "Hum it's not really bad, I've had a lot to occupy my mind so I haven't been thinking much about it. Especially with the recent happening at work", she answered.

  "And what was that about?".

  Keila had to give the full gist to Lexy who went wow in surprise.

  "That's not ethical of a company".

  "What could I have done?, I will be dropping my resignation letter tomorrow morning and just start seeking another job. But actually I have a better offer".

  "Oh wow so quick. You're lucky".

  "Yeah it's from dad".

   "Have you considered working there?".

   "I'm yet to give him a positive reply, I should tomorrow though, I'm not even ready to stay jobless for a while, and well the idea isn't bad so I should go for it".

  "Then be quick about it, at least I want the best for you".

  "Thanks babe, will hi you another time".

  "Let's have an outing again soon, we shouldn't be getting too distant, I've missed you", Lexy cooed lovingly.

  "Yeah nice idea. James is almost stealing you away from me but we won't give a space"

  They both laughed and got serious again.

  "Bye".

     *******

   The next morning when Keila got to work, she immediately wrote a short letter of resignation and went to hand it over to the director, who was shocked but tried to give his expression.

  "Thank you sir", she said and without waiting for him to say anymore, walked out of his office.

  It was hard for her to have wanted to resign and going to start elsewhere but she didn't mind. She wouldn't let her pride be tampered on.

  "Wow, this girl!", the director said and banged the table after her.

  Keila got to her office and did a bit of packing up. After about an hour, she finished and trying not to call attention to her leaving the company, she tried to leave simply but Camilla had come after her anyways.

  "I wonder if she works at all", Keila wondered.

  "Hey", Camilla said when she got closer.

  "Hi Cami".

  "You're going home".

  "Yeah".

  "Why?, what's wrong?".

  "I'm not feeling so good".

  She saw Camilla searching her eyes frantically to see if there was another truth hidden there but she soon gave up and accepted her excuse.

  "Okay sorry, and take care of yourself, see you tomorrow", she said.

  "Thanks bye".

  "But what's with the load?", she asked again to Keila's frustration.

"Freeing up my office", she muttered but Camilla heard and nodded.

Camilla waited till she left before she headed back into the building

   ******

    "Hi dad".

  "My favorite, how are you?".

  "Fine dad and you?".

  "I'm sure good".

  "So I called to tell you I will be accepting your offer for the beverage company".

  "Oh nice idea, we would make it formal anyways. You will see me in my office at the local company tomorrow and then get your forms filled, I still need to brief you on some stuffs before you can start working".

   "Sure dad, I will see you tomorrow then".

  "Yeah prompt. I would like you to commence working as soon as possible".

  "I would try my best dad".

  "I believe in you".

"Thanks man, let's have lunch if you're available".

  "I'm sorry but I'm not, I have an holders' meeting with few other developing companies head and it's slated to be 1pm, lunch meeting".

  "It's fine dad, there will be some other times".

  "Sure, let's go see your mum this weekend".

  "Why?".

  "I bet you're aching to see her so badly".

  "It's not like she wants to see me".

  "It's just cause you don't know how stuffs are with your mum".

  "Anyhow I've heard dad. Take care of yourself".

  "Yeah you too, bye".

  *****

Camilla is going to make a comeback at you Keila if you aren't careful. She wants you to trust her😏

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️