THIRTEEN✔️

********

While Hayden was around, he literarily spent his remaining days with Keila asides when she was at work.

He had persuaded her for a visit with his family one more time before he left, but she didn't want it.

"I feel, this can get my mum more comfortable with you.

"Hayden I've said this a lot of times, I'm not interested in going to see her", she said bluntly for the fifth time.

"Don't you want her better side so our relationship can be hitch-free?".

"Of course, I long for that, but it isn't as easy as it is said. Your mum doesn't look like one who will accept me anytime soon, she seem to me like she has made up her mind, and can I know the reason why she doesn't like me?".

"Keila, it's not like she doesn't like you..".

"If not that, then what, she has someone else for you right?".

Hayden was taken back, he expected it but not so plainly. He didn't dare lie to her and he didn't dare to break her instead.

"Babe, I very much don't know how true that is, for all I care, she talked about a girl she wanted me to be involved with but I have told her I'm not choosing any other except you, I don't mind if she decides to disown me or whatever, all I know is I'm stucked with you".

"Hayden this is just easy to say, when things get so difficult, you begin to fall back on your words, she is your mum, and sons seem to have a kind of bond with their mother that they can't bear to let them go, but you aren't gonna let me go either right?".

"Of course baby, you're right and the better way not to loose you both is to get you guys together, you should just spend more time with her and let's show her how better you are than whoever she has planned out for me".

"I will try my best, but not today, I'm not so stable".

"Well I will be going back next tomorrow, so what to do?".

"I have a business meeting tomorrow, might not be home until 9pm, it's a dinner meeting, and I will likewise be in the office in the day time", she said truthfully.

"Probably, the day I'm leaving, I will persuade them to come with me and bid me goodbye, so you will be there too, I don't know if that little time will make a difference".

"Okay then. I hope it does make a change".

"We can hang out before the flight time, so I will ask them to meet us there".

"Nice", she agreed even though she was unsure.

"It's late, we should have dinner now".

"Would you be staying over, so I can cook or if you are going home, I can make an order, it will be late soon".

"Nah, I will pass the night here, but I don't mean to stress you, you had a long day at work. I will do the cooking".

"Hey, I'm not lazy, I'm still fine to do it".

"I know, you aren't, but don't you want to have a taste of my nice cooking, it's been a while ".

"Oh well, sure, that sounds great".

"Good, just wait for it", Hayden said making his way into her kitchen while she just smiled staring at his figure.

*********

It was the evening Keila had to meet a client form her office. She went back home and got changed into something proper and did a little touch to her hair and make up. She took a taxi instead of her car by will.