TWENTY✔️

*****

Keila was very annoyed after she met with the Managing Director. He had maintained his stand that if she refused to make it up with their client, she would be relieved of her job the next three days.

   She tried to make him see points but he ushered her out of his office. She wouldn't compromise either, she acknowledged stubbornly in her mind, infuriated. If anything, she was just going to hate that man.

She reasoned if she was being stubborn because of Hayden but then she realized that wasn't the case.

  He wasn't the main reason why she wouldn't compromise, her heart felt heavy and a bit of disgust for Hayden. She was surprised it had to happen all too soon, the likeness fading away plus the trust.

She left the office that day, it was certain she might not be working there any time soon, so she wouldn't stress herself either, but she hoped to leave a clean job.

She then remembered to call her dad, where had she put him all these while?, she thought to herself. Her mum and dad were not together anymore but they still got along nicely for her sake.

   Since she became old enough to look after herself, she couldn't recollect them talking to each other. Maybe they did, behind her, she wasn't sure.

  Her mum stayed in a city where she didn't even know herself and she had tried to get words from her dad so she could visit her mum, but he didn't bulge and she gave up trying, she soon started giving low regards to her mum not knowing why she wouldn't want her to know where she lived.

  Since then, they really hadn't been in touch but she saw her father when she could, and for almost a month now, she hadn't even given him a call or visited him. She was really busy but not too busy for her father.

She decided not to call since it's been a while but give him a surprise visit. She signed out for the day and got into her car. She was about to drive when Hayden's call came in.

She wanted to ignore but decided to pick and do what she wanted to do most that moment.

"I'm not over reacting right?", she asked herself to be sure. "At least, this should give me some peace of mind now".

She hit receive.

"Fuck, Keila. I'm sorry, we haven't even talked in two days and were you fine with that. You refused to pick my calls or reply my messages, why??, you didn't even let me give an explanation, did you know what you did to me these days, I couldn't even think straight, all I wanted was to make things right again but you didn't give me a chance, I never cheated on you and I won't, what just ......."

"I guess if I'm done with you, you can be able to think straight again, you should focus on what at you're there for".

"What are you saying?".

"Hayden, it's over please, I don't want anything other than this right now. I want my own peace too, yeah, I've given up on you, you don't have to ask me. I'm sorry but all I'm going through hasn't been easy too, probably we weren't made for each other. I can't continue like this anymore, thanks for all....."

"Kei, you aren't saying this to me right?, you're kidding, you might as well add to relive some pains".

"Look, I'm not in for jokes, I'm driving, so I need to hang up now. And please i don't want more calls, bye", she said and tapped end.

She heaved a sigh of frustration mixed with relief. She wasn't sure she had made the right choice but she had to. Badly she wanted to soak her pillows but she braced up and decided to visit a supermart to get her dad some stuffs.

After about 20 minutes drive from her office, she sighted a Mart and drove into the premises.

  She then went in after a check, and took a cart. She went round getting provisions and beverages she knew her dad loved. She was about to round up when she was tapped lightly on the arm. She looked and saw Miles' cute girlfriend.

"Hey", she giggled at her.

"Keila".

"yeah nice to meet you again. How are you doing?".

"I'm good and you".

"I'm okay. Here alone?".

"Nahh, Miles' waiting for me outside, I wanted to get something urgently".

"Okay then, I wouldn't want to waste your time and go to say hello, so please say me well to him".

"Sure bye", she answered and hastily walked off.

Keila didn't want to think about them and just got all she wended to, paid for it and left.

********

What's Hayden going to do?😩, you shouldn't be that harsh Keila💔

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️