FORTY-ONE✔️

*******

   Keila was proud of herself when her makeup was done. She had gone to her usual place, where she was sure, she would be helped to serve the vibe hot.

  She and Lexy had always planned that their wedding reception would be extraordinary with the way they wanted their dresses to be. Keila didn't fail to make it that way. She knew she met Lexy's requirements with what she had on.

  But still, guilt tugged her heart and she was sad, regrets kept living with her each day. She hated herself for giving in to a stupid temptation but now wasn't the time fr brooding, she chided herself.

  She asked her driver to go and get some presents before she was done with her make over. She intended to gift them to Lexy.

   Time was no longer on her side when she got to the reception hall. Don't ask how she knew the location, they did a bit of planning together.

   She looked round and was proud to see everything they had wanted together, come true. But she hasn't been a present in it. That part of it hurt her.

  Anyways she walked gallantly into the hall and searched around for Lexy. The place was in top gear mood, no one was lacking.

  Trembling a bit, she sought for Lexy to say congratulations. Lexy was talking with her mum, and she was all smiles. She sighted James too and she was scared of what he would think of her. She tried to avoid him but thought again to know beforehand the gravity of what she had done.

  "Hey James", she formed smiles.

"Congratulations to you guys", she immediately hugged him to avoid his expression.

  He pulled her away after seconds of a reluctant hug.

  "Thanks Keila", and she didn't fail to notice that didn't come from his mind.

  "See, we can talk later James. I'm not here to ruin your day or your wife's, I'm really sorry".

  "You haven't done anything to me. Maybe you should see your friend. I don't even know what you guys are".

  "She is my best friend".

  "No one treats their best friend the way you have done. Excuse me", he said to her and walked away to meet his groom's men, who wanted an urgent group picture.

  Keila looked down sadly and raised her head up to avoid bing noticed in the hall, only to meet Lexy's penetrating stare which seemed to burn through her own eyes. Keila felt like going back home, thinking she had made the worst decision to come.

   She however gathered courage and walked towards Lexy who just stood looking at her. If she didn't try to make things better that day, there might not be another opportunity. She was at fault now anyways. Lexy has tried to beg, but she had turned her back to her.

  "Lexy, I'm sorry, I am very sorry", she said tears beginning to stain her perfectly made up face. She could be very emotional when the need came, and right now she was.

  "Sorry for what?, excuse me. I need to see to some stuffs", Lexy said trying to get away from her. She sounded irritated.

  Keila pulled her back gently and hugged her from behind, sobbing. She didn't mind the attention that was drawn to them already by almost everyone in the hall.

  "Keila stop this", Lexy said gently feeling embarrassed because she was about to cry too. "Okay, you would ruin my dress", she tried a better excuse.
  "We can deal with that and No, I don't mind everyone knowing I was a bad friend, maybe they can make things better between us".