FIFTY-ONE✔️

*******

The fact that she was gradually getting accustomed to Hamilton and their quick courtship didn't mean that she had forgiven her dad for making her feel incapable of choosing someone for herself.

"I'm glad you finally heeded my advice", Alex said when to his daughter when she came to visit on his demand.

He knew he has been wrong to force her into liking someone, even getting married to him. But he had never been the patient type, and watching his only child misbehaving, that was what he called it, he decided to take the bold step for her and trusting himself, he knew she wouldn't fall into wrong hands.

"Dad, that was no advice. You just made me do what you wanted", she said with her eyes bulging almost out of their sockets and he resisted laughing at her.

"It paid off right?, I wouldn't lead you astray", he winked at her knowingly.

"I don't love Hamilton, dad".

"But you don't mind getting married to him anymore", he dramatically threw his hands up.

That became the truth and held her silent. She didn't mind anymore, Hamilton was better than the first impression he had given her. And when Lexy had said she liked him, it wasn't a lie. Asides from loving Hayden, she now wanted to feel what it was like to be loved by someone else and love the person. But that was not what marriage was all about. What if she didn't get eternal happiness?.....She wished things were done at her own time and pace. She trusted herself more.

"Good. You guys will be fine, and give us grandchildren soon".

Keila recalled the last time she and Hamilton were together. He had gone for a business proposal and took her along since she hadn't been to that part of the city before when he asked her and she couldn't help being glad he considered her.

They hanged out after his two hours meeting which she survived looking around, then surfing the net and when he was done. They proceeded to have an heart to heart talk over lunch.

Hamilton hadn't wanted the marriage either. He wasn't ready for the stress that came with it. Having to think about his wife and children plus work, he had removed it from his diary. He just wasn't ready but his dad wouldn't hear of it anymore. He was thirty, his elder brother couldn't handle the company affairs since he was a drug addict and his dad had especially been disappointed. The duty fell on his own shoulders, and he could swear it was more than tiring. He wondered how his dad coped because he was not the business oriented type.

Alex was his dad's close buddy and partner. Hamilton never met Keila until this marriage fuss, but he heard about her when his dad teased him to go for her. Even then, it wasn't in the plan that they would be together, so he never bothered about her.

And now, Alex and his dad wants to join forces to promote each other and it led to the consideration that two of them could fit.

Hamilton didn't have a wild argument with his dad like Keila did. He wasn't fine with it but still it didn't bother him. He had hoped to be non-challant to whoever the girl was going to be. She would back off, he thought since he knew girls, that was what they would do and he would be free again.

Since he was twenty-six and started to look after his dad's companies and property, his last girlfriend had broken up with him. They couldn't go on dates, watch her favorite movies while cuddling or go on vacations and that was the last time. He didn't want to start anything with a girl again, they needed that fucking attention and he was busy, too busy.

That was what he had started to do with Keila, it wasn't as if he didn't know how to treat a girl properly. Hell, he had feelings and a perfectly working heart, he couldn't hurt her and go scot free. But since he started to act weird, she didn't complain to him but he knew she wasn't pleased and that alone was enough to make him loosened up and try to ease into the situation, since she was forced too.

When he told her he loved her, Hamilton meant it. She was sweet and he found her obedient to have managed her father's will that didn't favor her. He would get married to her and make her love him, then together they could have a proper family.

Keila....she was no longer good at hiding those tears, and after listening to all Hamilton had to say after what felt like hours that she didn't regret, she let them out. She was initially mad at him for hoping to play with her, but the fact that he loved her drowned her anger.

She knew she was yet to love him but why won't she?, she will gradually and all her thoughts evaporated when he kissed her lightly.

*******

"Hayden".

"How are you Elena?".

It had been quite a while they spoke to each other and he was glad to hear from her, his best friend.

"Sure good and you?".

"Life does have some good time for you, and that's me now".

"I'm glad. How has stuffs been for you over there?".

"Been faring better, and almost done. Just some concluding examinations".

"I trust you to run over it".

They both laughed.

"Goodluck buddy".

"Thanks a lot. Good to hear from you again".

"Since you've left me to do the calling, gat no choice".

"I'm so sorry. Not like I didn't have you in mind".

"I'm sure by now that you got some brunette girl taking your mind away, so I'm some third choice in your mind", she whined.

"What the hell is that Elena?", he seriously joked.

"You're not denying it so tell me about it".

"Damn you. I'm old enough to have a girlfriend".

"Since it's not.....", Elena trailed off trying to remember Hayden's ex's name but she didn't and she was glad he helped.

"Keila?".

"Yeah. Who is she?".

They had sometimes talked about Hayden and Keila having to break up. They seemed more like their best friend thing once again. So he was able to confide in her.

"She is Rowena".

"I can guess her personality, Sweet right?", she teased him.

"You've changed", he said pretending to be exhausted with her childish act.

"For the very best", she said.

"Funny, she sort of caused Keila to break up with me", he continued trying not to put blames on Rowena, since he felt Keila would have ended things if Rowena didn't come into the picture.

"She is the girl, oh my...", Elena said and Hayden could mirror her looks to be having a shocked expression that moment.

"Yeah, don't make her sound bad. I want to marry her", he added as a smile lit up his face.

Elena was the first person he had told that not even Rowena, and the embarrassment made him end the call before Elena could say anything more.

******

It's my turn to get married duh😩

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️