Chapter 66: Money Under The Table

Song Quote: Everybody Wants To Rule The World
"Welcome to your life. There's no turning back. Even while we sleep we will find you acting on your best behaviour, turn your back on mother nature
Everybody wants to rule the world.
It's my own design It's my own remorse Help me to decide Help me make the most Of freedom and of pleasure Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world."
~~~

Your Pov:
Stiix is a beautiful city despite being the home of Ninjago's scum and lowlife. If you look at it from a distance under the setting sun, the light ripples glittering on the water makes the buildings and docks look like they are floating over a sea of gold.

You couldn't look at the sight for too long as the light threatened to blind you through your helmet's visor. Turning off on the road near the docks, you parked your motorcycle and checked the time on your wrist.

Tapping the screen on your communicator, you smiled to yourself when the new gadget was working just as intended. You updated Pixal on your status, grateful for her thoughtful gift as you remembered how she slipped it snugly on your wrist before you left the house.

Slipping off your helmet and feeling the fresh air on your face, you took a much-needed deep breath to steel yourself for what you're walking into.

If this Ronin character has exactly what you've been searching for, you'll die before you let the opportunity slip from your hands again.

Unmounting from your motorcycle, you pressed a button and watched as your old reliable neatly fold up into a seemingly unassuming steel case. You pressed another button on your helmet and allowed it to fold up, only this time stuffing the small slab into your satchel.

Securing the case on your back, you ventured forward pulling your mask and hood over your features as your shoes hit the planks of the boardwalk.

Just a quick adventure, in and out, then you'll be home free.

~~~

One way you try to calm your nerves is to focus on everything else than the uneasiness sizzling within.

As you quietly trek along the bridge, you made note of the way each board creaked in varying levels with every step. Some boards were so close to giving away, you're surprised they haven't already.

In fact, it's possible one large wave could just wipe the city off the map if the inhabitants are just that unlucky. Then again, the fact that hasn't happened since it was built two hundred years ago, is in itself a big feat.

Pixal told you that it was originally a famous holiday resort for the brotherhood of pirates. You could see the appeal. Living with the fresh salty air of the sea without the sway of a ship. The water right outside your door to fish and living in seclusion from the outside world.

Or prying eyes.

The "streets" were busy with life. Locals going about their business that you don't need to know about and lots of fishermen. Practically every corner had someone selling fish or fishing, or someone carrying a rod on their shoulder.

Minding your business, you kept an eye out for your destination. Though that was short lived as you were viciously berated by the local's scowls that were sent your way.

Some individual's suspicions and other's negative emotions manifested in waves of pins and needles poking your back. Wondering whether you were here to cause trouble and other's reminding you that outsiders aren't wanted here.

When the opportunity arisen, you slipped into an alley to avoid their gazes. Weaving in and out of alleys between buildings, it took you running in two circles before you found the pawn shop you were looking for.