Chapter 17: Giant Snake Problem

Song Quote: Venom
"Misery, misery is the venom in my brain Killin' me, killin' me, but I don't feel the pain Running from something that I can't really explain. Misery, misery is the venom in our veins.
Watch your step, or you're gonna fall apart Hold yourself, together inside the dark Don't look down, you won't get far You're only as strong as you think you are"
~~~

Your Pov:
Fear loomed through the air keeping everyone's feet planted to the ground staring at the beast snarling it's fangs. It dove down snatching up Wu and Pythor consuming them whole.

The ninja plus Lloyd froze with fear and grief over watching the loss of their sensei.

"Sensei..." Kai gasped unable to tear his eyes from the scene. One moment his sensei was alive, how can he disappear just like that?

"No..." Jay cried out helplessly unable to do anything.

Lloyd buried his face into your coat for comfort while Zane and Cole turned their heads away in grief. The ninja around you couldn't mourn for very long as the Devourer glared right down on your puny figures.

"We need to go now." You growled as the hair on the back of your neck stood up. You pushed Lloyd into Nya's mech gesturing for her to get going now.

Jay stood still whispering "Maybe if we stand perfectly still...RUN!!" He took off running the same time as you. 

The giant serpent slithered after your group with a hungry scowl on it's face.

"Keep running!" Cole huffed running as fast as he could.

You heard a thud as Jay tripped on a rock falling to the ground. The large serpent was gaining ground looming over him you turned on your heel after him.

Hot footing it you grabbed the blue ninja holding him on your shoulder as you charged forward to the bounty. You threw Jay into the main control room where everyone was and shut the door.

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" Jay exclaimed looking at the monitor.

"Working in it, blasters on full" Nya retorted as the bounty flew up into the air taking off just moments before the Devourer could chomp down on the boat.

"Woohoo! Take that you stupid snake!" Kai exclaimed in relief watching it grow farther away from the rear window.

Closing your eyes for a brief moment you saw a flash of the beast's aura in front of you. "In front!" you shouted as the leviathan sized snake emerged from the ground.

It opened it's jaws biting down but Nya swerved the ship last second just barely avoiding the fangs.
"Uh, I think it heard you Kai" Jay told the fire ninja as a shiver went up his spine.

"Nya, we gotta go faster that thing is gaining on us" Kai said to his sister as he watched the rear window.

Sweat beaded down her forehead as she said "We're going as fast as we can, I'll try to make it to scattered canyon." 

"Probability of us making it that far is less than eight percent" Zane voiced his analysis.

"Never tell me the odds!" Nya snapped as you could hear the stress in her voice.

You were standing at the door watching the devourer from the railing outside holding onto the nearby wall.

Cole interrupted "It's coming in for another attack, port side!" Nya swerved the bounty making you almost loose your balance.