Chapter 41: Off The Grid

Song Quote: Patience
"I've been waiting here Waiting for the day to come Take us to the place Takin' us where we have gone
They would ask me all the time Showin' up in ages So what you doin' with your life? Call it givin' up I'm just growin' up in stages Livin' life in phases Another season changes And still my ways are aimless, I know We're growin' up in stages And I'm runnin' out of pages Growin' up"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The group managed to infiltrate the facility without detection. The nindroids weren't guarding the area and they were able to slip through. Now the group of six need to figure out how to find the kill switch to the power.

"That's the substation's core" Nya whispered as she pointed as she pointed to the large beam of light secured behind glass. "Shut that down and it's lights out for the Overlord." The girl looked around at the control panels warily "Now if only we knew which switch."

They each split up to different parts of the room tapping away at different control panels. Jay pressed a button turning on the radio. The blue ninja perked up as he listened to the music that played. "Hey I love this song" he smiled as he moved his head along with the beat.

"Turn it off! They can't know we're here!" Kai whisper shouted over to him.

The lightning ninja scoffed before switching it off "Buzzkill."

The process of finding the correct switch was taking longer, they could be discovered any moment.

"None of these buttons are doing anything" Cole groaned in frustration "There has to be an easier way."

Kai stood before the core energy beam. "Yeah, like maybe hack the system?" He wondered aloud as he drew his techno blade. Nothing happened when he slammed the blade against the hard glass. "Argh! Stupid technology!" He grumbled when nothing happened.

(Y/n) stared at the fire ninja with a small glare.

Cole drew his own techno blade saying "This can't be harder than it looks." The earth ninja struck the glass butt his blade bounced off the glass. The force of the swing ricocheted through the hilt, sending a jitter through his body.

"Okay, definitely harder." Cole winced in pain.

"Stop hitting the glass. You can't hack it" (Y/n) told the two as she continued pressing some buttons. She also searched for a key or a shutdown code.

"At least they're actually trying to help (Y/n)" Nya grumbled at the girl irritably.

(Y/n) was taken aback by Nya's hostility, but she stayed quiet and continued searching.

"Button, button, who's got the button?" Jay muttered frantically as pressed all of the buttons in front of him.

"Would you be quiet" Cole hushed him 

Jay bickered with the earth ninja "I am being quiet, you be quiet."

Moments later the alarm was set off. Red lights flashed around the room as a siren sounded.

"Nindroids! Our cover is blown!" Nya gasped when she checked one of the cameras outside the door. "Seal the doors and find a way to shut it down" she told everyone to make haste.

Cole sealed the door but somehow a small nindroid managed to get through the vents. The mini nindroid clutched his silver sword to fight.

Jay facepalmed "Great. Now they come in fun size!"

~~~

In the end, they group of six destroyed the power source shutting down all of the power in Ninjago. All of the nindroids in the network powered down including Pixal. Hopefully this will put the group at an advantage against the Overlord.