Chapter 8: King Of Snakes

Song Quote: Fix You
"Lights will guide you home  And ignite your bones And I will try to fix you But high up above or down below  When you are too in love to let it show Oh but if you never try you'll never know Just what you're worth"
~~~

Your Pov:
Later that night your body was restless refusing the comfort of the long slumber of sleep. Deciding to head out for a walk you sat outside on the upper deck of the bounty.

The large flying red ship was perched atop a mountain. Looking out to the cloud covered horizon illuminated by the moon you breathed slowly as peace settled in the cool breeze that grazed your skin.

You had left your black mask back in your shared room with Lloyd. With it uncovered you were able to breath easy when alone.

"What are you doing out here so late (Y/n)? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Cole questioned walking up from out of nowhere.

You jumped slightly as he sat down next to you rubbing his sleepy eyes.
"I could say the same for you" You tilted your head at him.

"Kai's snoring woke me up and I needed some quiet" he explained and you nodded in understanding.

"Understandable, it is nice out tonight" You stated turning back to the view above you.

"Yeah I guess so, I haven't noticed before..." He muttered looking up at the stars with a small smile.

"I like the nighttime it calms me" You explained your voice lowering to a soothing tone.

"I can see why" He said nodding in agreement staring up at the sky above you both.

Silence drifted between you both. It wasn't uncomfortable, but rather you both truly had nothing to talk about.

"So...earlier" Cole broke the silence asking "How did you learn to fight so well?"

"I dunno" you shrugged saying truthfully "I just move on instinct."

"So it all just comes natural for you? How does that work? How do you get to that level?" The earth ninja asked for tips on how to improve.

"Repetition, discipline and have a sharp mind?" you replied unsurely making him facepalm.

"I was thinking special moves or techniques on how to become stronger faster" he replied being more precise.

You tilted your head "How about follow your Sensei's lessons?" You questioned "He's guiding you down the right path yet you're more focused on becoming the green ninja instead of improving yourself mentally and physically."

"Ooh, ouch. That stings" Cole hissed rubbing the back of his neck "Yeah I know...I gotta do better."

"Then do it, you're only holding back yourself" you told him continuing "Start by improving in areas you lack like agility.You're very strong attack and defense wise but you're slow. Start there for now."

He thought for a moment and smiled at you getting pumped for the opportunities to come."Oh wow, thank you (Y/n). I'll start with that tomorrow instead."

"(Y/n)? Cole?" You perked up hearing Lloyd's voice. The boy slowly walked towards you both whilst carrying a blanket and his little dolphin plushie.

"What are you doing up kid?" Cole asked the small boy who sat right in between you both.

"I had a nightmare and got worried when (Y/n) wasn't there..." He whined quietly rubbing a tear from his eye as his hand shook.