Chapter 2: Wandering Days

Song Quote: You're Gonna Go Far Kid
"With a thousand lies And a good disguise Hit 'em right between the eyes Hit 'em right between the eyes When you walk away Nothing more to say See the lightning in your eyes
See 'em running for their lives"
~~~

Your Pov:
Your feet trudged underneath one another walking for as long as possible. Head low staring at the ground as the sun finally came up shining dawn onto a new day.

It's a wonder you haven't passed out yet. Your feet hurt, pounding in your shoes with every step. Nerves firing with each strained step.

From another's point of view you probably looked like a walking corpse with your shoulders hunched forward.

Well for one, you sure felt like it.
It was a wonder how you are still going despite the pain coursing through your body.

It's the instinct of trying not to die at work but even that will run out.

You had taken notice the change in the terrain under your feet. From grass to concrete and eventually sand.

Looking up at the sky you stood there as the heat burned your uncovered skin. You snapped your mask off from your face gasping for fresh air but only breathed in the heat.

Sweat beaded off your face as you forced your stumps for legs to move.
Why did you wander into the desert?

Your feet took you here subconsciously, walking miles to the middle of nowhere.

You kept going in hope of finding a spring or shade. In the distance you did notice a structure or property.

Focusing your sight you tried to read the sign hoping this wasn't a mirage and you were going to die of thirst.

If not out here, probably elsewhere due to your lack of care for your weakened body.

~~~

Third Person's Pov:
(Y/n) trudged through the sand heading to the junkyard in the middle of the desert.

She wobbled as the weight of her strained body was truly setting in. If she fell there would be no certainty if she will get back up.

She passed through the front underneath the sign that read Ed & Edna's Scrap N Junk.

Edna had been inside relaxing and getting lunch ready for her husband that she loved very much.

Meanwhile Ed was working in the scrap yard when he noticed the youth trudge onto his property.

"Hello there! What brings you out here friend?" He greeted from atop a junk pile he was digging through for spare parts he needed.

The girl didn't reply at first as she stood there very stiffly with long tense breaths.

What felt like a long minute the man grew worried whether this stranger was good or if something was wrong.

Ed was snapped to when the wanderer went to turn in his direction but tripped over her own legs.

"Edna! We have a problem!" Ed called to his wife as he slide down the junk pile running to the stranger's side.

"What's wrong Ed?" Edna asked as she came outside but gasped when she saw the girl on the ground.

The woman beckoned to her husband "Get her inside! She's probably suffering from heatstroke!"

Edna helped her husband get the girl up as they carried her inside of the trailer out of the sun.

~~~

Your Pov:
Waking from a dreamless deep slumber you felt cool air brush against your skin and a wet cold rectangle on your head.