Chapter 59: Regrets And Apologies

Song Quote: Follow You
"Call you up, you've been crying crying all night You're only disappointed in yourself alright
Taking those taking those losses if it treats you right I wanna take you into the sunlight.
If the world would only know what you've been holding back Heart attacks every night Oh, you know it's not right.
I'll follow you way down wherever you may go I'll follow you way down to your deepest low I'll always be around wherever life takes you.
You know I'll follow you. You know I'll follow you. Wherever life takes you, you know I'll follow you."
~~~

Your Pov:
"Pixal! Dareth! Our cover has been blown. Can you come pick us up?" Nya whisper shouted into her bracelet after the two of you lost your pursuers.

Slowing your pace down, you could only hear static feedback from the red jeweled bracelet. Pixal and Dareth's voices came through the channel but you couldn't make out a single word they said.

"Great. It's busted" She groaned and grimaced at the red jewel that sported a nice new crack. It must have broken during the chase out of the mansion.

"The mobile base is in the complete opposite direction we are. It'll take a while for us to meet up with them without getting caught" Nya explained to you. "So they either come get us, or we go to them."

"The sun is already setting. We should put some more distance between us and the mansion before making camp." You say and start walking "Then we'll keep moving at first light."

"Sounds good. Let's go" Nya agreed and followed at your side.

After some walking with the fleeting sun as your only light source, the two of you found a small cave to take shelter in.

You got to work on collecting sticks and leaves while scouting the area for resources. When you returned to the cave, you found Nya trying to wipe the Kabuki makeup off with her discarded red robe.

The girl in red had taken off her disguise, revealing her Samurai armor that hidden underneath.

Plopping the reasonable size of sticks and leaves down, you reached into your bag and pulled out your water bottle.

You offered it to Nya so she can take a drink and maybe use some of it to wash her face. She shrunk away awkwardly, trying to politely decline.

"There's a stream not that far from here to get a refill" You assured in a gentle patient tone as she finally took the bottle.

As Nya took care of herself, you knelt by the pile of timber and got working on a fire.

Thinking of your options, you turn to Nya and ask "Do you have a knife on you?"

"Oh, yeah here" She pulled one out of her holsters and held out the handle for you to take.

You gave her a grateful smile and got to work.

The two of you sat in an awkward silence, so you focused more on getting an ember started. The only sound made was from you rubbing a dry stick you whittled down in between your hands.

Once you finally saw some smoke, you transferred the small ember to the dry leaves.
Carefully blowing on the ember, you smirked triumphantly as the fire came to life.

Nya watched in silent awe as you added more sticks to your small campfire. Finally, a nice warm fire to light the area.

Looking up from your work, your face illuminated by the flames, you gave her a small smile.

"Make sure to clean the makeup off thoroughly. It'll clog your pores" You tell Nya as red and white makeup were still smeared across her face.

A lighthearted snicker escaped her lips. "You sound like Dareth."