Chapter 52: Skepticism

Song Quote: Crash
"How long did you think we could make it How far did you think we could take it How bad did we want it, and good did it feel Driving fast, until we crashed into each other's hearts..."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
Soft knocks tapped on the green ninja's door as it slid open.

"I was just on my way to help Nya and Wu restore the Bounty. Would you like to join? Guess you could say it's all hands on deck" Garmadon asked, chuckling at his own little joke.

"Uh, sorry. The guys and I are going fishing. Team building exercise" Lloyd declined keeping a straight face.

"Hm, good to hear the team's back together" The sensei smiled asking "Have you spoken with (Y/n)?"

The green ninja shook his head "I think she's out of town at the moment. Road trip with Echo and Mindroid." Lloyd had to qualms against lying if it's for the right reasons. 

But when is it ever justified? What's the boundaries and when do you hit the limit?

"That's nice. It's good to have a change of pace" Garmadon sighed in relief. 

Lloyd bit his lip, hesitating to ask "Dad, our elemental power...are there others out there like us?"

Garmadon stopped in his tracks. "Why do you ask?" He questioned in a more serious and low tone.

"(Y/n) has special powers. Is it an element like ours?" The green ninja inquired curiously, hoping he could get some information from his dad.

The sensei hesitated to answer "She...is a special case son."

"Did something happen?" Garmadon's question perplexed Lloyd. His father's worry and apprehension only made him more suspicious on what the two are hiding.

"No I was just curious, that's all" Lloyd smiled, grabbing his duffle bag and headed out the door forgetting to bring his fishing pole.

~~~

Your Pov:
Fog settled in the late hours of the night. There was a nip in the air from the vast ocean air around the harbor.

You stood on the pier among the other contenders for this tournament. Mindroid stood at your side as you waited for the boat. Both of you didn't interact with anyone, mostly keeping to yourselves.

Even if you did talk to someone, you would be unsure who because of how dark it was. 
The lone pier had no light sources so you relied on your second sight to see and not bump into anyone.

"Argh, I told you we shouldn't have worn them."

Mindroid snickered at Kai's complaining which put your attention on the ninja.

"Dug up your old pajama suits?" You asked the ninja as the two of you approached.
"Looking sharp Jay" you complimented the blue ninja making him give you one of his signature bashful smiles.

"Yeah, but what are you doing with a nindroid?" Kai asked raising an eyebrow at Mindroid.

Jay let out a chuckle saying "Isn't this the one that didn't get enough parts?"

"No harm in making an enemy into a friend. It also doesn't hurt to have extra help in finding Echo and Zane" You explain, shushing Mindroid as he beeped insults at the ninja.

"Mindroid meet ninja, ninja meet Mindroid." You introduced, gesturing to each party. "No need for introductions since you guys already know each other."