Chapter 34: Preparation

Song Quote: Dreams
"Now here you go again You say you want your freedom Well, who am I to keep you down It's only right that you should Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully To the sound of your loneliness.
Like a heartbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
And what you lost"
~~~

Your Pov:
With the Bounty's repairs everything seems to be flying smoothly. Nya told everyone that they'll arriving at the dark island soon. In about a day or two. This gives everyone some downtime to relax and prepare for what's to come.

Sitting on your bed you stared down at your unfinished drawing. Twiddling your pencil zoning out; you couldn't focus on your small hobby.

Hearing a soft knock on your doorway you looked up. Snapping out of your thoughts you saw Lloyd standing there.

"(Y/n) breakfast is done" the green ninja said leaning against the door.

Nodding you stashed your stuff back in your bag. Getting up from your bed, you followed Lloyd out to the hallway. Walking besides one another, you could smell the sweet aroma coming from the kitchen. 

Lloyd sniffed the air as well sighing in content. He looked to you sharing a pleased hum.

"Zane's cooking" you both said in sync.

"Jinx!" Lloyd cut you off. "You owe me a piece of candy" he smirked in triumph beaming with confidence.

You both passed by Sensei Wu's room noticing it was left slightly ajar. Thinking nothing of it, you keep walking.

"I don't trust that girl" you heard Misako say, making you stop dead in your tracks. She was talking about someone, the only other girls on the ship were you and Nya. If she has a problem with either of you she should state it openly instead of behind closed doors.

 "Does she really not know who she is?" She inquired making you let out a small deflated sigh as she continued. "Something about her doesn't sit well with me..."

"(Y/n) has assisted us on numerous occasions, and my students have grown fond of her" Sensei Wu reasoned "Your son especially. After he ran away from his school, she took care of him, and for a while he had a normal childhood."

Sharing a look with Lloyd, you both were now fully snooping in on the conversation. You knelt down peeping through the crack of the door. The two were sitting at a small table surrounded by scrolls.

"I don't know, everything's complicated..." Misako sighed as she tried focusing her attention on deciphering the scrolls. "My son's always with that girl. He prefers her, and he won't talk to me..."

"It will take time..." Wu reassured as he helped record a translation. "You have to rebuild your bond after so many years of absence" Wu sighed adding "While you have your reasons it doesn't replace the hardships Lloyd went through growing up. Both of you need to make your peace and choose where to go from now on."

The woman looked down taking in his words. She was silent for a moment before nodding "I will, thank you Wu." You watched Misako gazed at Wu tenderly. Her hand moved across the table before resting atop his.

"It's good to be around a familiar face Wu, I missed you..." she smiled gratefully as the sensei held her hand tenderly.

Wu smiled under his beard "It's been good seeing you again."

Your eyes widened watching the two intertwine their hands together affectionately. They gazed at one another leaving a thousand words unsaid. Staying silent, you shuffled off the floor grabbing Lloyd's hand.