Chapter 71: Weep Not For Roads Untravelled

Song Quote: Roads Untravelled
"Weep not for roads untraveled Weep not for sights unseen
May your love never end, and if you need a friend There's a seat here alongside me."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The sound of the Bounty's engine interrupts the peace once again. The haphazardly repaired ship flew above the tea shop and landed between the two mountains that encased the property.

While the first group went out in search of the scroll of Airjitzu, the second group would stay back at the tea shop to help with preparations and repairs.

The sun was already upon the horizon when they finally returned back to home base. The dusty blue sky clashing with the orange hues of the sun, forming a hazy sunset. Not a cloud in sight, it would've been a peaceful warm day if not for the storm that occurred.

Wu and Misako were quiet the whole ride back. The two kept to themselves, whispering incoherent words back and forth to one another. Suspicion grew amongst the group as a result. If Wu hid the secret about Morro, who's to say he isn't harboring more secrets.

Dareth had long since excused himself from the situation to the kitchen. Instead of entangling himself with ancient drama, he'd rather be engulfed with the arduous task of putting away his stew in the correct container. Taking Arie with him, the purple scaled snake sat on his shoulder with her tail lazily wrapped around his neck.

Mindroid had joined them as well. Carrying the rest of the chopped veggies in tow and leaving the others to clean up the shop. Hey, someone has to help behind the scenes and keep everyone afloat when they're all focusing on saving the world.

Somehow that became part of Mindroid's role in this situation, albeit begrudgingly.

Nya was the first one to enter the messy tea shop. The shelves that were orderly stock with fresh supplies a day ago were completely bare. Half of the original contents scattered on the floor and trampled in the fight.

The girl in red deflated at the sight. "Who needs to go on an epic quest, when my services are best needed here" she laments with a deep sigh.

Though she knows the value of the work she brings to the team, no one wants to get stuck with cleaning.

"That doesn't make it any less valuable Nya," Pixal says while picking up a stack of boxes. "You've saved the day on more than one occasion with your technical skills. One would call you reliable because of those feats alone."

The android puts the stack of boxes back on the shelf before grabbing another. "Without planning and preparation, we wouldn't be able to bring out the best in each other's abilities and future plans may fall apart."

Nya cocks a smile but doesn't respond. The two working in an efficient silence.

Echo was already darting around the room picking up every little stray object he could and placed them on the counter to be sorted later. In this pursuit of getting the cleaning done swiftly, he ended up overhearing some of Wu and Misako's hushed conversation.

"You need to tell her" Misako hisses at the old man in a hushed voice.

Wu shakes his head stubbornly. "She's not ready" he says.

"And you waited this long to tell them about Morro and how did that go?" She retorts and turns towards the girls. "Nya, dear, we didn't exactly hold you back to care for the shop."

The girl stops in her tracks, curiosity piqued. "Really? Then why?"

Misako shoots Wu a look as everyone eyes were on him.