Chapter 60: The Unknown Element

Song Quote: Livin' In A Dream
"Dream, where everybody loves me
Living in a dream world, how'd I get so lucky? So tell me how you feel
Oh baby, is everything real?
I got nothing to lose To lose, I got nothing to prove Nothing to you."
~~~

Your Pov:
After searching around the jungle for hours, you couldn't find anyone. It wasn't until you ran into Nya again that you all found out that all of the Elemental Masters were captured by Chen and his followers.

To add to your worries, no one has seen Mindroid since he jumped out of the blimp.

"He knows I'm coming. But I can't just hide here and do nothing" Lloyd huffed as the group looked out at the estate cloaked in the setting sun.

With every passing minute, your friends are being held captive. Act too soon and victory won't be so sweet. Act too late and fall right into a trap and doom you and your friends.

"We have to wait until nightfall. There's too many" Nya gestured to the amount of guards outside every post making it impossible to sneak through.

With all of the guards on alert, their numbers alone could overrun your mere group of six.

Lloyd raised an eyebrow huffing "And then what? Every minute we're out here, he grows more powerful-"

"-Son, Chen grows strong by taking from others." Garmadon cut him off "Real power does the opposite. It empowers those around you. Like the way you've empowered me."

For some reason, you felt unsafe. Chen's mansion in the distance and it's occupants loomed over your head. 
You could feel yourself getting weaker from the building glowing a crimson glow in the fading light. 

Bright shades red, oranges and gold. It's like you're heading straight into a volcano.

The main objective is to save everyone.
But you have a feeling you're gonna get burned somewhere inside that place.

"We will get you to Chen and you will destroy his staff" Garmadon assured his son as all they can do now is wait.

"It would be wise to rest now and prepare while we still can" Pixal suggested a more productive idea instead of staring at the estate with distaste.

"Right. All of this running is really draining" Dareth agreed and stepped away to go do some stretches. "We need to be in the best conditions for what's in store."

Garmadon sighed and glanced at the setting sun that couldn't go away fast enough. "It will be a while..." 

With that, you wasted no time plopping down and sitting on the old cobblestone. Through half lidded eyes, they followed Lloyd's form as he separated from the group for some alone time.

"How are you doing? Your stress levels are high" Pixal inquired with worry as she took a seat next to you.

Crossing your arms and leaning your skull against the stone at your back, you utter "Just peachy Pixal." You could already feel the throbbing from the back of your skull.

Internally cursing, your tone sounded more mean than you actually meant. Stupid tired brain. Quickly trying to elaborate you open your eyes and say "Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but I'm gonna get some shut eye kay?"

Pixal's expression changed as she gazed at you with those emerald eyes of hers. Tilting her head, eyebrows creasing and a soft smile forming on her lips, it was the first genuine smile she's ever shown you.

"You don't have to worry about offending me" she assured and even reached up to pat the top of your head.
It hits different when you're the one receiving a head pat instead of giving one.