Chapter 42: Broken Bonds

Song Quote: I'm A Ruin
"I know that I can't have it all But without you I am afraid I'll fall I know I'm playing with your heart And I could treat you better but I'm not that smart. When it comes to love, you're an easy fight A flower in a gun, a bird in flight. It isn't fair and it isn't right To lead you on like it's all alright. I played with your heart And I could treat you better but I'm not that smart You still mean everything to me But I wanna be free I'll ruin, yeah, I'll ruin you."
~~~

Your Pov:
"(Y/n) your stress levels are rising..." Pixal spoke snapping you out of your trance.

You blinked once looking at the android. "Oh is it?" You tilted your head as you ran a hand through your hair. "It's nothing important Pixal" you reassured as you ran your hand across Arie's scales.

Pixal watched you gently pet the lavender snake. You felt your shoulders relax as the small creature wrap herself around your wrist.

"Would you like me to make a list of what snakes need?" The android inquired as she smiled at the sight.

You grabbed a pencil and paper from your bag and handed it over. "I would appreciate that a lot Pix" you smiled as she started putting together the list.

"Seems like you two have bonded again" Kai pointed out as Jay and him approached for a break.

You held up Arie as she wrapped around your wrist like a bracelet. "I guess so" you replied as the snake smiled at you sweetly.

"Doesn't that hurt?" Jay inquired as he stared at the lavender snake wrapped tightly around your arm.

"Not at all" you smiled as she released her grip. "Do you wanna hold her?"

Jay stiffened at your question as Kai nudged him. "Scared of a tiny snake?" The fire ninja teased as Arie sat at their feet, waiting to be picked up.

"No I'm not. We just haven't had a good track record with snakes" The blue ninja replied crossing his arms. Jay also didn't want to admit he doesn't know how to hold a snake correctly.

"Suit yourself" Kai shrugged as he knelt down to pick up Arie. "I'd rather deal with this one than the Great Devourer" The fire ninja smirked as the lavender snake wrapped around his hand.

"Not so tight" Kai mused as he held Arie gently. For a moment the fire ninja could've sworn he saw a glint of mischief in the lavender snake's eyes. Next moment he felt Arie move up on his arm on her own.

Jay spoke up informing you "Nya and Cole are helping my mom get lunch together. It'll be done soon and hopefully it will be good" He trembled slightly at what Cole could accidentally do with his terrible cooking skills.

"Uh... (Y/n)?" Kai called out as you, Pixal and Jay looked at the fire ninja.

There Kai was tugging at Arie's coiled body as she had herself wrapped tightly around the fire ninja's neck. "(Y/n) your snake is choking me..." he breathed as her lavender body tightened even more.

Jay winced at the sight, instinctively holding a hand over his neck to protect himself.

"That's unfortunate" you uttered unconsciously. 

Kai coughed aloud as Arie's smile grew wider "What?!"

"Oh no, I'm sorry that just came out" you giggled as you went over to help free the fire ninja.

"Warm hugs..." Arie hummed as she instantly let go of the fire ninja's neck. You took the snake back in your arms as Kai gasped for breath.

"Doesn't...feel warm..." He coughed and shook his head. "I'm gonna get back to work..." The fire ninja excused himself just to save his own neck from Arie.