Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie

Song Quote: Trust Nobody
"Don't know why I still try
And she wonders why I
I don't trust nobody
Not even Her."
~~~

Third Person Pov:
Lloyd sat on the ground criss cross staring intently on the lightbulb in his hands. He focused his powers trying to keep a steady glow on the bulb without breaking it.
The exercise is to teach the young green ninja to control his power at will without breaking the lightbulb.

One could say it represents those he wishes to protect. Too much power unchecked could become catastrophic especially if the user isn't in control.

"Focus Lloyd, control the power inside you" Jay encouraged "When you feel a surge welling up...harness it."

Lloyd smiled from the encouragement "I understand" He replied turning his attention back to the lightbulb muttering "I am in control..."

The child groaned gritting his teeth in concentration. "Come on, Lloyd. You can do it" Jay encouraged as the light inside the bulb glowed more intense. Pressure built up causing the lightbulb to shatter.

"Argh! Stupid lightbulb!" Lloyd shouted in frustration looking to his teachers "You guys are putting too much pressure on me. Let me have another try."

"Sorry kid, that was the last lightbulb." Kai replied and gestured to the broken past attempts scattered at Lloyd's feet.

"Clean up Lloyd, We'll continue training tomorrow" Cole told the green ninja in training handing him a broom to get started.

Lloyd puffed his cheeks grumbling to himself taking the broom in his hand. He bashed it against a nearby punching bag venting a bit.

The lightning ninja let out a sigh shaking his head "What am I doing wrong Sensei Wu? I can't seem to teach him to control his power" Jay asked Sensei Wu hopelessly.

They watched Lloyd punch and hit the punching bag with the broom. The bag swinging back and forth but it hit the broom in his hand knocking the young boy to the ground.

"You dare defy the green ninja!" Lloyd shouted at the punching bag as they watched him get his revenge on the object.

"Patience Jay, sometimes the greatest opponent we face is ourselves and that is especially true of Lloyd." He told Jay as he took him to the side "Remember where he came from, he's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light."

The door opened as Nya entered the room "Hey guys" She greeted as the other three ninja conversed.

"Hey Nya" The four replied back as she approached the blue ninja.

"Hey Jay, wanna come by the auto body shop later?" She asked sheepishly as she hid a piece of paper behind her back.

They continued in their little flirting banter mostly ignored by the others. (Y/n) finally put down one of her library books she was reading by the window. She walked over to the green ninja as he continued fighting with the punching bag.

"You have to clean up when you make a mess" she lightly scolded the green ninja as she knelt down picking up the broken glass with delicate hands.

Lloyd frowned as he finally got to sweeping up his mess with her help. When the two finally created a pile of all the glass and metal parts she stood up to get a dust pan. It was at this moment when the girl finally noticed a cut on her left palm.

Zane noticed this as well pointing out with worry "(Y/n) you're bleeding."

"Huh..." she hummed thinking aloud "Didn't notice."  She stared at the cut as the blood seeped out from beneath her skin a bit too long before looking for the first aid kit.