Chapter 69: Where Various Paths Collide

Song Quote: Loser
"I lost my phone
Standing here I'm all alone I've got no coat to keep me warm My cheesy chips are cold All I know is that I'm walking home
Where the hell did all of my friends go?
Guess I'll die here I'm never one to persevere Can't call an Uber 
God I'm such a loser."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The Destiny's Bounty's engines roared through the gloom filled sky as their enemy pursued not far behind.

Having shed their Steep Wisdom uniforms, the ninja prepped themselves and equipped themselves with swords for round two against Morro. 

"Take Positions" Wu ordered as they jumped down onto the deck.

While they are tasked with protecting the ship and fending off their pursuer, Nya and Echo are the ones steering and keeping them in the air.

The ninja looked off into the sky as Morro's dark green dragon circled them, the sprinkles of light in the sky accentuating the ghastly green of his entire being.

"Ah, I give you this much. That ninja never quits" Cole huffs incredulously.

The dragon flies above them and then shoots a blast of green energy right at them.

"Port side!" Zane calls and Nya turns the ship accordingly to avoid the hit.

Lightning struck at different times all around them. Almost spelling out their doom as they desperately try to make an escape.

Jay takes control of one of the cannons, shooting at the eerie dragon, though none of his shots hit their mark. The dragon somehow finding a way to slide past and evade every shot.

That or the blue ninja has a terrible aim.

The green dragon shoots another ball of energy at them. Nya evades just in time but the motion causes Jay to fall out of the seat of his cannon.

He looks to their sensei. "So let me get this straight. You're just telling us now that you had another pupil before us, and now his cursed spirit has possessed Lloyd, all so that he can take your staff?!" He exclaims frantically and trying to hold himself together.

"Morro won't stop until he gets what he's after. There's a secret message engraved on it" Wu quickly explains. "All these years, I had no idea."

Jay throws his hands up and buries his face in them. "Of course. Ha! Just another day in Ninjago" he spouts sarcastically.
Just another secret and they are the last to know about it. Especially at important times like this.

Before the blue ninja could begin his panicked raving, the ghostly green dragon flew closer to the Bounty. Close enough for them to see the hateful glare underneath Morro's cowl.

"If this is as fast as the Bounty goes, I think we're in for some serious trouble" Cole notes as they watch the dragon fly upwards and disappear.

The master of wind drops down onto the deck, the wooden boards shuddered under the force.
Morro lets out a malicious cackle as a pair of identical sharp jagged ghostly blades appear in his hands.

Zane purposefully puts himself between the ghost and his sensei. Shielding him from what their opponent may pull.

"I need ink and parchment to make an imprint to see what's on the staff" Wu tells them as he clutches it close.

The nindroid nods. "Kai and I will take you to our quarters, while Jay and Cole will keep him busy" he says before they retreat and head down below.

"Oh, that's honorable of you to nominate us" Cole sighs sarcastically as they run past.