Chapter 4: Junkyard Brawl

Song Quote: I'll Keep You Safe
"I'll keep you safe in these arms of mine
Hold on to me, pretty baby, and
You'll see I can be all you need"
~~~

Ninja's Pov:
The sun peaked through the blinds dimly lighting the room. Sensei Wu burst through the room banging a mallet onto a gong disturbing his pupils extra sleep.

"Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!" He shouts earning groans from them adding in more of his wisdom. "In order to reach your full potential, we must greet every day as an opportunity."

Kai let out a groan tossing the covers over as he got out of his bed on the top bunk.

"Okay, okay we're up" he growled with a yawn. "But if you want us to reach our full potential shouldn't we get at least a full night of rest?" He complained while opening the blinds.

He only let out a disheartened sigh when they fell apart onto the floor.

"Ugh, you call that rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress" Cole replied as he stretched the muscles in his back. With each movement he made a popping sound.

Jay walked over to the small bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. He stretched his arms grabbing his toothbrush as he got ready for the day.

"We were up so late talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters I guess we lost track of time" Jay replied attempting to turn on the water.

Only sand poured out from the faucet onto his electric toothbrush. "Since the Serpentine burned down the monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our heads- - Ack!" He choked on the sand coughing it up.

Zane, still in a sleepy state, did some morning stretches completely at ease. "What is our lesson today sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of a- -" he questioned his Sensei but fell through the brittle floorboards.

"I think today's lesson will be chores" Sensei Wu replies gesturing to the room that was very much in need of repairs.

"Chores?!" The ninja whine together in sync.

"Ninja fight sensei, they do not clean" the earth ninja argued crossing his arms in distaste.

"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from." Wu replied continuing. "And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect it to be spotless when I return and put your backs into it" he stood by the door and hit the gong once more leaving the ninja to the tasks ahead.

~~~

Later on Sensei Wu, alongside Nya headed to the living room to check up on them. When they opened the door they found the four playing videogames but the room was completely spotless.

"What took you so long?" Kai asked turning away from the game with a smirk on his face.

"Wow! This place looks amazing. You guys did all this?" Nya asked looking around with surprise.

Cole turned towards the girl with his own smirk "Ninja don't just fight Nya, we clean."

"Oh. You have exceeded my expectations, but can you keep it up" Sensei Wu pondered aloud to his students.

There was a loud honk echoing outside the window. When the girl in red went to look outside to investigate seeing a vehicle coming in their direction.
She turns to the others informing them "It looks like we're about to have some visitors, and loud ones at that."