Chapter 61: Where Your Loyalties Lie

Song Quote: Soul On Fire
"I was born poor I'll probably die poor Was born with nothing and I'll die with less Hearing you singing's got me singing too It keeps me dreaming all I dream is you."
~~~

Your Pov:
"Sink the ferry. No one's getting off this island!" Jay shouted after they popped the blimp a moment ago.

Bolobo graciously used his power over nature to summon vines from the ocean. They heaved and pulled at the boat, crushing the wood as the structure was pulled under the waves.

Pulling your lips into a tight frown, you shook your head in displeasure.
"Now we don't have a way off the island" you hummed with your arms crossed.

Just moments prior, you explicitly advised to NOT sink the ferry, but your opinion doesn't seem to matter at the moment.

".. -.. .. --- - ..." Mindroid beeped as he glared at the lightning ninja.

Echo on the other hand was kind of worried. "We're not getting off the island?" He asked as his eyes glanced at the ocean's waves rather warily.

"We will. Once Wu and Misako finish fixing the Bounty and we get into contact with them, they'll come pick all of us up" Pixal informed the copper nindroid.

"Where's Dareth?" You questioned as you oversaw that everything was falling into place.

"- --- .-. - ..- .-. .. -. --. / - .... . / -.-. ..- .-.. - .. ... - ... / --- ...- . .-. / - .... . .-. ."

"Torturing the cultists" Echo translated and gestured over to the captured criminals.

There you saw the brown ninja simply enjoying his tunes with a battery operated radio. Singing and dancing while the cultists were forced to be his audience.

Nodding your head, you left the nindroid's to themselves as you left to report back to your friends.

"The palace and sleeping quarters are all clear. Still no sign of Chen and Clouse" Cole reported as you approached.

"What about Skylor?" Kai asked about the Master of Amber.

This piqued your interest. What about her? Now that you've mentioned it, where is she? You haven't seen her since taking over the mansion.

"She wasn't able to pick her family, but she was able to pick her friends" Lloyd said while him and Jay comforted the fire ninja "And since you're her friend, that means so are we. We'll find her."

"He's right. With no way off the island, it'll only be a matter of time" Cole smiled triumphantly.

Your eyes widened slightly. Only now realizing that she was taken. Amidst the victory, the master of Amber managed to slip past your protection.

"I'm proud of you five. You've done what the original Elemental Masters never could: stick together" Garmadon approached adding his own bit of wisdom "But you must not rest on your laurels, for your guard is down when you sleep."

"I agree. Until Chen is captured and locked up for good, we're not out of this yet" You speak up firmly. "I'll head out shortly to search for Skylor. With my powers, I'll be able to track her aura once I'm close enough."

You needed to get on the field to search for the Master of Amber. Not only because Chen could still use her powers to perform the spell, but also because she's had your back.
It's only right to save her from her crazy father.

Lloyd frowned crossing his arms "Just by yourself I assume?" He questions sternly and you could feel his eyes burn through you. "Unbelievable..."