Chapter 30: Unresolved Wounds

Song Quote: Angel
"Why am I standing on a cloud Every time you're around And my sadness disappears Every time you are near
You must be an angel I can see it in your eyes Full of wonder and surprise"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The alarm clock on the dresser rang filling the room with noise disturbing the five ninja's sleep.

Cole burst from his slumber startled by the sudden ring he hit his head on the bunk bed above his. Jay turned over to turn it off and ended up falling forward off his top bunk.

Kai groaned closing his eyes tighter as he threw a ball at the alarm clock. The ringing alarm ended up flying off and landing on the record player.  The sound was amplified giving the ninja a splitting morning headache.

Well except Zane, he was sleeping soundly and peacefully undisturbed by the earsplitting noise.

Lloyd sat up and concentrated some energy blasting the object off the dresser ceasing the noise.

"Is it Wednesday already?" Lloyd groaned in his bed with tired eyes.

"Sunrise Exercise, I hate sunrise exercise" Jay groaned as he stood up to his feet now fully awake much to his annoyance.

"Good morning, morning morning!" Sensei Wu greeted with a cheerfulness eager to start the day "Up, up, it's new day, students" he chided for them to rise. He couldn't help but chuckle at his weary students adding "Before we begin sunrise exercise, I noticed the dragon made another mess outside. It looks like a two person job" he smirked before closing the door to let them get ready.

The ninja frowned at the chore willing to do anything other than dragon cleanup.

"What was that Sensei?" Cole asked pretending he didn't hear and along with the other three scurried off to go change into their gear.

"Did I just hear a SOS call come in?" Kai pretended as he pulled his hood on.

"I sense I need to be somewhere else" Zane added in.

"Lloyd I'm sure you got this" Jay said to the green ninja in training in a attempt to pass the chore onto him. The four ninja rushed to the door leaving Lloyd behind.

"You might've been able to dump chores on me when I was smaller, but I'm grown up now. That's not fair!" Lloyd frowned as they were about to exit the bedroom.

They sighed turning around "You're right Lloyd, we need to settle this like men. With a round of rock, paper, clamp!" Kai proposed as they all held their hands out in a circle. "Okay, on three." He began "One, two, three!" He exclaimed as they all put their hands down.

"Ha! Paper beats rock!" Jay exclaimed high fiving Kai.

"Ugh, How does paper beat rock?" Lloyd groaned glaring at them.

"Why are you guys so loud?" (Y/n) groaned when she appeared in the doorway sleepily. She was already dressed and ready for the day but had some small dark circles under her eyes as she yawned.

"What's up with you?" Kai raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"I stayed up late last night training" She replied stretching her muscles a bit as she looked at what they were doing.

"Good, you can help Lloyd with clean up duty" Cole piped in jokingly nudging the green ninja.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened slightly as she turned on her heels "And I'm gone" she uttered waving goodbye as she was already out the door "Sorry Lloyd."