Chapter 22: Yar, There Be Pirates

Song Quote: Hometown
"A shadow tilts its head at me Spirits in the dark are waiting I will let the wind go quietly I will let the wind go quietly Be the one, be the one to take my soul and make it undone
Be the one, be the one to take me home and show me the sun I know, I know you can bring the fire, I can bring the bones I know, I know you make the fire, my bones will make it grow Where we're from, there's no sun, our hometown's in the dark"
~~~

Your Pov:
Lloyd hit the oven mitts repeatedly as his training. "Good, keep it up" Kai encouraged holding back each of his blows.

You watched them train with your sketch book in hand. Quickly analyzing their movements drawing and capturing the scene into still images.
Every time you blinked it was like pressing down on the shutter of a camera.

"Fists of fury!" Lloyd shouted punching the mitts faster growing excited from improvement
"You can't even see em move, I'm so fast! Ha!"

"Save the gloating, it can only be used against you by your enemy" Kai reminded the kid shaking his head at himself. Seems the fire ninja finally learned that lesson/

"Oh please, I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me" Lloyd declared as he jumped kicked Kai into the wall knocking over some pots and pans.

"Whoa grasshopper, you're not ready to face my pinky toe" Kai replied holding up his foot lightheartedly.

Sensei Wu took a sip of tea before saying "I see the student has become the teacher. You will learn fast Lloyd with lessons from the four ninja."

"Great, now that lesson is over how about some target practice on Kai" Cole proposed smirking to himself while Kai gulped with a growing worry.

"You'll each get your turn" Wu reminded the ninja. "But first I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya" Sensei told Lloyd much to the child's dismay.

"Aww, but when will I learn spinjitzu?" Lloyd sighed with a growing impatience.

The old man sighed reassuring Lloyd "Ah, patience it will only be unlocked when the key is ready to he found."

Cole turned to his brothers with a smirk "Ha! Sound familiar?" He teased the fire ninja reminding everyone of how he was before.

 Kai raised an eyebrow "I wasn't that whiny" he retorted.

"No, you were worse" Zane corrected chuckling at the fire ninja.
"Agreed" You chimed in not looking up from your sketch.

"Guys I know we're trying to prepare Lloyd for the future, but it's hard to give him the best training in these conditions" Jay changed the subject voicing his concerns.

"Jay's right, I miss the destiny's bounty. Too bad it's gone" Cole added in sighing to himself.

"Hm, I see your point" Sensei Wu replied looking into his cup of tea thoughtfully "Perhaps we could find somewhere else to aid in his journey."

"I know a place" You piped in earning all of their eyes on you. "I was about to bring it up as an option you explained continuing. "I met a friend that owns a dojo, if you ask I'm sure he would allow you guys to train in between his lessons." 

"Sounds like a good place to start, you five along with Lloyd should go check it out" Sensei Wu said "Show them where it is (Y/n)" he asked politely.

"I'll call him and see if he's free" you nodded taking out your phone dialing Dareth's number leaving the room as Lloyd went to his lesson with Nya.

~~~

Gathering outside the apartment you met up with the ninja after getting permission from Dareth to come over and let the ninja see the dojo.