Chapter 27: Child's Play

Song Quote: Everything Stays
"Go down to the ocean The crystal tide is raising The waters' gotten higher as the shore washes out Keep your eyes wide open, even when the sun is blazin' The moon controls the tide, it can cause you to drown.
Everything stays, right where you've left it Everything stays, but it still changes Ever so slightly, daily and nightly In little ways When everything stays."
~~~

Your Pov:
Sitting on the crimson stairs of the Destiny's Bounty you enjoyed the clear blue skies partaking in your newest library book. When you're reading in these moments of peace the four ninja are training Lloyd.

They always think you don't pay attention to the lessons and have no qualms as long as you don't interrupt. What the primary colored ninja don't realize is that just like the books you read, you're always learning. 

Absorbing knowledge from all sources never hurts.

Glancing at the green ninja he has been distant all morning with a far away look in his innocent eyes. The young green ninja in training looked over the ledge of the bounty.

Children's laughter can be heard echoing from the village below. They played in the streets chasing after a ball unburdened by responsibility.

"I see..." you thought glancing back and forth from Lloyd to the young children. This isn't the first time the green ninja in training has shown a desire to live and act his age.
To be free without the pressure of becoming something greater than himself.

"Lloyd? Lloyd!" Kai snapped the green ninja training out of his daydreaming snapping him back to the lesson. "Concentrate" Kai urged as they continued.

"Now that the bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively, but you'll have to focus" Zane told Lloyd in a kinder tone. "One more time."

"Ah, but we've been training all day..." Lloyd voiced complaining to his teacher and glanced in your direction for help.

"It's all to get you ready to face your father" Cole explained as he turned to the others ordering "Now, into position."

Lloyd did as he was told walking in front of the battle ready ninja letting out a bored yawn as he got into an indifferent fighting pose. 
"Ah, whatever..."  The young green ninja shrugged yawning in a bored tone gesturing for them to strike first.

Kai jumped in the air to kick him but Lloyd easily blocked his foot throwing the fire ninja to the ground. The fire ninja fell backwards sliding on the floor. He looked up at the boy's bored expression with worry noticing something was really off today.

Zane and Jay jumped in the air attacking the green ninja. Lloyd smirked yelling "Ninja go!" He used spinjitzu to jump up and toss both blue and white ninja to the side with ease.

Landing on his feet he didn't realize where Cole was. The earth ninja charged behind the boy sliding across the deck to throw Lloyd off his feet.

The young boy cried out spinning in the air before landing on his stomach with the wind knocked out of him. The ninja gathered around Lloyd as he pulled himself off the floor.

"That was fun. Are we done?" He asked eagerly with something much more interesting in mind to do.

"Oh come on, you're better than this" Jay frowned asking "What's on your mind?"

"Well ah...The latest issue of Starfarer just came out at Doomsday comics and it's a limited run. So if I don't go out and get it, it's gonna sell out." He explained truthfully.