Chapter 36: Countdown

Song Quote: Judgement Day
"I can feel the floor shaking, and the glass begin to break The air is getting thinner with every breath that I take The calm before the storm, you can hear the drop of a pin Never been claustrophobic, but now the walls are closing in I've crossed every line, broken every boundary And now it's retribution time 'cause the change that I'm into It ain't that holy!"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The figure laid motionless on the ground at Garmadon's feet. His toothy sinister smile widened watching the color drain from her skin. (Y/n) hacked up a dark liquid gasping for air. Some of the foreign liquid stained the ground, while the rest was absorbed into her body.

The girl forced herself to stand, wiping away the liquid that dripped from the corners of her mouth. Her movements awkward and strained, like a puppet on strings.

All of the colors faded from her figure leaving her with a dull monochrome color scheme. 

When she finally opened her eyes, they glowed a foreboding magenta. There was no warmth or life to them. 

She was but an empty husk filled with bitter revenge.

-Let's stop right there and go back to the beginning of how this all started.

~~~

"Order up! Coconut cream pie served well done!" Kai shouted before blasting the flying coconut with his fire power. It exploded turning into ash and dust.

"It is good to have our powers back" Zane sighed in content.

Jay patted his nindroid friend on the back in agreement "Yup, you're right. And since we've all been working on our witty quips to follow every cook thing we do, I'd say we've got this final battle in the bag. Or should I say-" the lightning ninja started to say as he brought out his elemental sword.

Cole launched another coconut into the air. "I'd be shocked if we lose" Jay smiled as he blasted the coconut into pieces, the sound of thunder rumbled the air.

"Enough!" Sensei Wu interrupted their conversation and boasting "Are you trying to reveal our hidden location?"

Kai rubbed the back of his head "Uh, sorry sensei. We were just practicing our cool new elemental blades-"

"-and our witty quips" Jay finished with a guilty smirk.

"Be wary of overconfidence, ninja" the old man started to lecture.

"While it is true your powers can defeat the stone army, only Lloyd alone has the power to defeat Garmadon" Wu told the four "When it is all over, the we will see who laughs last."

The four looked down saying in sync "Yes Sensei."

~~~

Your Pov:
You watched Dr. Julien fix the falcon. His hands putting every piece into place. You couldn't help but admire the intricate design that makes his inventions work. "Every cog, every gear is important" The old man told you and Lloyd as he placed another piece back into place. 

The falcon's eyes glowed a blue color as it fluttered back to life.  "If one piece is missing or out of place, the invention won't work" Dr. Julien finished as the falcon looked around curiously. He closed the hatch over it's stomach, completing all of the needed repairs.

"Come now little one, time to fly" Dr. Julien cooed at the mechanical bird. You watched the falcon flap it's wings going out for a test flight.

You couldn't take your eyes off the creature. Dr. Julien's words striking a cord in your head. "Every piece of a machine is important no matter how small" you thought to yourself curiously as you headed up the sandhill to get a better view of the falcon.