Chapter 29: Wrong Time

Song Quote: Stuck With Me
"Now I'm feeling guilty for it Didn't wanna leave I got caught up in the forest Hangin' with the trees Realized I'm less important Than I thought I'd be I'm not tellin' you for any certain reason"
~~~

Third Person Pov:
The group of five peered over the monastery's wall watching Past Nya and Kai work out on the training equipment. The girl in red didn't protest as she worked hard mastering the equipment and perfecting her fighting skills.

As for her brother, there was not a spark of motivation in the blacksmith. 

"You must harness the fire deep within you" Past Sensei Wu him as the future fire ninja got whacked in the face by the punching bag.

The Kai of the past got up from the ground dusting himself off. "Yeah, yeah, yeah" he uttered rolling his eyes brushing off his supposed sensei.

Kai looked down at this version of himself groaning "Oh, I'm worthless."

"It's like you don't even want to be a ninja" Jay pointed out.

"Look, I told you: the only reason I became a ninja was to rescue my sister" Kai reexplained to the group.

"If Kai doesn't learn to be a ninja, our future will be destroyed" Zane added in as a reminder.

"Even when Garmadon does something good, it's always evil!" Cole groaned "Sensei ain't cutting the mustard, guess it's up to is to get things back on track."

"I thought you said not to get involved" Jay retorted "Change anything, change everything."

"That was before Garmadon altered the past and changed the future. Now we gotta clean up the mess" The earth ninja finished.

"He's right, the only way to save our future is for Kai to find his fire" Zane stated as a plan formulated in his mind.

"Let's kidnap her." (Y/n) broke her silence proposing a plan.

"What?!" Jay exclaimed as the others tried to hear her out.

(Y/n) goes on to explain "If she gets kidnapped wouldn't that give your past self the drive to become a ninja?"

"Yeah?" Kai nodded prodding her to continue.

"Then we kidnap her and deliver her to the skeletons, fill the holes of events that didn't happen to set the course of time right" (Y/n) finished.

"I was thinking the same thing (Y/n)" Zane smiled under his hood agreeing with the girl.

"We can't do that!" Jay disagreed not wanting to put Nya in harm's away.

"If that's what it takes..." Kai sighed giving into the plan seeing as there is no other option.

"But if it's alright with you guys, I've got an idea on how I could talk some sense into myself" Kai finished.

The group started going over the plan thoroughly. Kai even took the time to tell everyone the events that did happen as well as adding another crucial detail.

"Wait Garmadon had an accomplice?" Cole raised an eyebrow at the fire ninja "Why don't we see them together in the present?"

"I don't know" Kai shook his head "But we should be on the lookout because Garmadon might order them to hurt us or my past self."

"We'll keep an eye out for them but in the meantime we should get ready for tonight" Zane replied as everyone nodded in agreement. (Y/n) silently agreed as well but she stayed rather quiet biting her lip in shame.