Chapter 14: Light The Flame

Song Quote: Check It Out
"I'm in a Sweet Spot I'm Feeling Good
The Sun is Shining, I Knew, It would.
The World's a Playground I Mean the Clouds. Let Me Show You, What It's all About. Check it Out I'm Gonna Light it Up I'm Gonna Light it Up
Check it Out"
~~~

Your Pov:
Dialing the contact in your phone you listened it go straight to voicemail once again. You could feel your features fall from hopeful to disappointment.
You wondered if it is even worth trying to contact this Rachel anymore. Questions circling your mind under the curse of free will with no destination in mind.

Amidst your thoughts you wandered into the bridge and an alert on the big screen popped up with word from Zane's Falcon. Setting your mental luggage aside you focused on the urgent matter at hand.

Turning on your heel you stood at the door calling to the ninja beckoning them and anyone else listening to come over.

Moments later you heard sets of footsteps rush into the room. Cole took his place at the wheel while you typed at the computer bringing up the live feed.

"Argh, Kai was supposed to keep watch" Jay growled turning on his heel rushing out of the room to alert everyone. Lloyd walked in casually as the blue ninja zoomed past him. He looked up at the screen that showed the fire temple you recognized.

"So...It's a volcano?" Lloyd said aloud tilting his head to the side as you nodded looking at the sight with distaste.

"Of course it had to be fire" You thought grumbling to yourself as a shiver went up your spine at the sight of fire and smoke.

Others rushed into the room gathering watching the large screen. "Looks like Pythor is at the temple of fire" Nya said aloud gesturing to the site.

"That means the fangblade is there" Kai noted with eyes keen on the screen. One look and you could tell something was burning in that stove head of his. If he doesn't cool it something or someone will get burned.

"That's the same fire temple where Kai, Lord Garmadon and (Y/n) first faced off" Jay added in taking a glance at you. "You were there right?" he asked and you gave him a stiff nod as it wasn't one of your best moments. That night you first encountered Kai was when your mind was still fresh to the world. Of course nobody knows except Zane and Lloyd.

"If my memory serves me correct, I'd say one of us cheated back when we last fought" Kai hissed sending a glare at Lord Garmadon. Nya shook her head facepalming at her brother. 

"And I remember someone needing their Sensei to save them" Garmadon retorted hissing venom at the fire ninja as tensions grew between the two.

"Guys! For the sake of the fangblade can we just get along?" Cole shouted over his shoulder at the two while steering the bounty.

Lloyd walked up to his father grabbing one of his four arms "Please don't fight" he asked frowning at both of them for how they are acting.

Breaking up the tension everyone turned their attention back to the screen. "Since the last time we've been there, it looks like the volcano has grown unstable" Nya explained "The place is a powder keg waiting to blow up. This will be a highly combustible environment."

"Oh great, just what I like. Fighting armed and deadly snakes in a highly combustible environment about to blow up" Jay said aloud with a sigh voicing clear loathing for what's to come.

"Sounds festive" You added in sarcastically as your mouth grew dry as if your lungs were filled with smoke just from looking at the smoke.