Chapter 28: Wrong Place

Song Quote: Time Adventure
"Time is an illusion that helps things make sense So we are always living in the present tense It seems unforgiving when a good thing ends But you and I will always be back then You and I will always be back then"
~~~

Your Pov:
"Your new body is a fighting instrument, listen to it." Sensei Wu told Lloyd as the ninja gathered around the boy as they continued his training. 

You listened to the lesson watching but found yourself daydreaming. Time going by much slower as you keep yourself busy. Lloyd has been much more inclined to train leaving no free time for any time together.

It's the same with the other ninja focusing their efforts on the green ninja. This has caused you to hang around Nya more.
She would be working in the bridge keeping the bounty in order and you would just hang around. 

She didn't mind the company and you would read and draw, sometimes striking up conversation. As of late you couldn't shake the feeling that there was something missing in your life. 

Well the elephant in the room is your memories but there is nothing that can change what has been lost. Instead what is missing from your life now? You have no drive, no goal or anything to achieve.

You're just here with this group you consider friends, existing. A cog in the wrong machine. 

Is that really living?

Snapping out of your daze you fixated on the lesson watching Lloyd grab Jay's nunchuck tossing the blue ninja to the ground with a harsh thud.

Lloyd jump flipped dodging Zane's shurikens only for them to impale in a watermelon Nya brought for them. She gasped shooting the ice ninja a small glare as he gasped at his own mistake.

Nya shrugged letting it go commenting "Since he's grown, he's learning faster Sensei." 

"But will it be enough to challenge Lord Garmadon? Only time will tell..." Sensei Wu voiced aloud hopeful for the future. As you walked up next to the duo.

Reaching over you pulled the shurikens out of the watermelon shaking some of the liquid off the weapon. You fiddled the weapon in your hand watching Kai and Lloyd's duel with indifference.

Kai had drawn his sword swiping at Lloyd only for him to catch the blade holding it in place. The blade quivered under their clashing strengths as Lloyd formed a ball of energy at the tip. The fire ninja took the opportunity flipping the sword away making Lloyd fall forward from the sudden movement.

"You're getting pretty good, but that move you fell for was basic 101." Kai commented as he held a hand out helping him back to his feet.

"Yeah if I had focused more when I was little, I would've seen that coming." Lloyd replied with a sigh.

"We cannot change the past, but we can improve the future." Sensei Wu reminded him "Again, and this time do not hold back."

You took that as a cue to leave following right behind Nya as she left to head back to the bridge after putting the watermelon away.

"Do you want a slice (Y/n)?" She asked shrugging "I don't know if it will still be good..."

Before you could respond you both looked up spotting Zane's falcon flying above the deck before landing right on your head.

"The Falcon must have found something" the girl in red gasped before turning around to go tell the others.

 "I wanted some fruit..." you frowned before glancing at the bird perched on your head.