Chapter 53: This Is How We Play The Game

Song Quote: The Game Of Life
"In this life is a game played by a flaky god He gambles every life Try to escape but you know the path you're on is game and set See how the game of life is playing all of us for fools
Dancing a string around us, making all these silly rules See how he looks down on us like we're acting out a show Throw the dice and let's see which head will roll..."
~~~

Your Pov:
Sitting in between Garmadon and Jay, you ate your dinner quietly.
Now was the time to convene and strategize for what to do next.

The blue ninja refused to meet your eyes. Every time you looked up from your meal, Jay would hastily look at anyone but you. 

You remembered what happened earlier and got embarrassed. That was not one of your best moments. 

The others took notice of you and the blue ninja's awkwardness but decided not to comment on it.

"The food is good at least" Cole smiled as he ate. Focusing more on his meal than the two in front of him.

"Argh! It's killing me" Jay voiced his worries. "What's under the trap door? What happens when you lose?"

"Don't think like that" Garmadon hushed the blue ninja before he spirals.

"It's all I can think about!" Jay retorted unsurely "I moved on. I feel guilt. These are not good feelings..." 

Sipping on your drink with a straw, you silently patted the top of his head. Soothing his hair and reassuring the blue ninja that it's gonna be okay.

You could feel Jay relaxing into your touch. The blue ninja's face was still rosy as he bashfully avoided your gaze.

"I feel the most guilty" Kai replied as he watched the exchange with a frown. "Our mission is simple. Tonight we find Zane and get off this crazy island."

"And just how are we supposed to do that?" Cole asked raising an eyebrow "You heard Chen, break a rule and we're out. He's not gonna let us roam around."

"Then it's a good thing we are ninja" Kai replied with a confident smirk "Meet me in my room at midnight."

You decided not to tell the others of your other plans. Only in case someone was listening.

Mindroid has been walking around, listening to the guards and contestants to gather data.
Everyone here just thinks that the nindroid is a non sentient robot. 

That's why they have no problems discussing important topics when they think they're alone.

It's the perfect cover.

So far all that he's reported is that a factory exists below this island. 
A place of interest to investigate...

Stealing some of Kai's sushi off his plate, you glanced up as Paleman approached the table with a tray in hand.

"You mind if I join you?" He asked politely as he glanced at the six of you.

"Disappear pal! This is private" Jay spat at the Master of light in a rude manner.

Paleman made his entire body disappear with only his tray visible. It ended up looking like it was floating.

"Uh, I know you're still here. I can see your lunch tray " Jay raised an eyebrow at him.

Paleman shrunk under his glare. He became visible and walked away glumly.

Cole frowned at the blue ninja. "Wow, Jay, you were really mean" He called him out.