Chapter 67: Twist And Turn Of Events

Song Quote: Savages
"Is it running in our blood? Is it running in our veins? Is it running in our genes? Is it in our DNA? Humans aren't gonna behave as we think we always should. Yeah, we can be bad as we can be good. Underneath it all we're just savages Hidden behind shirts, ties and marriages. How could we expect anything at all? We're just animals still learning how to crawl."
~~~

Your Pov:
You've been stuck riding in Ronin's aerial vehicle he dubbed R.E.X for the past four hours. He's been giving you the entire rundown of the plan on how both of you are going to steal the scroll of Airjitzu.

At some point, your mind stopped registering what he was saying until you realized you actually just fell asleep out of sheer boredom.

"Hey- wake up and listen!" Ronin shouted when he finally noticed a lack of your gruff uninterested grumbles.

You jolt a bit in your seat with your arms still crossed like when you nodded off.

"I was listening" you grumble with a glare for raising his voice unnecessarily.

"Fine, then repeat back to me the entire plan" he huffs as he keeps his eyes on the scene in front of you (eye? He has a pair of sunglasses on plus he has some sort of eyepatch so you can't even tell where he's looking).

"Fine" you huff and begrudgingly began repeating it all back to him to the very last detail.

Once that whole spiel was done, you added in last "I even heard the part where you said this plan was so brilliant it was easy peasy lemon squeezy end quote, I think is how you put it" you taunted and inwardly smirked at his mouth formed into a hardened thin line.

"First of all, no I didn't say that- And two, I'm impressed you were actually paying attention" he conceded and took his loss in that argument.

A soft scoff escapes your lips. "I couldn't even fall asleep with you yacking away. I swear if I did, I'd probably end up dreaming about you going over the plan anyways" you lament and look outside at the passing scenery.

Ronin let's out a gruff amused chuckle "Ooh, someone's quite snappy today" he comments. "Are you mad you got conned by the big bad thief?"

"No" you grumble, and you swore his smirk only grew. Shooting him a glare, you spat "You try getting good sleep on the floorboards of the pawn shop. It was cold and the floor was so uneven I swear I think I hurt my hip."

At that reminder, you shuffled a bit in your seat sorely.

Ronin scoffs "Hey at least I gave you a blanket" he reminds you making you roll your eyes in response.

"My pride would have preferred it if you didn't."

You were gonna be petty if you felt like it. At the end of the day, you'll get the job done so you deserve to complain a bit.

Taking a deep breath, you let the crackling irritability in your system ember out and recollect yourself.

You were the one to break the silence. "May I suggest we enter the library through a different route because if we enter through the ceiling then it'll take longer to climb up" you voice your concern.

Ronin hummed absentmindedly before answering "No it would not. You'd stay at the top and just pull me up with the rope."

"I have to accompany you so I can keep you out of sight and fulfill my part of the deal" you remind the thief. "They definitely have cameras in that chamber, and you'll get spotted almost immediately."