Chapter 76: Heart

Hey loves...

I don't think this chapter is THAT bad, perhaps I was just overreacting 😭

Anyway, I recommend yall to listen to Car's Outside by James Arthur or Love In The Dark by Adele just sad music in general.

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"Mason I need to you come back inside, right fucking now!" Nico shouts through the earpiece and my mind is blurred with an emotion that's still foreign to me.

"Where are you?" I ask calmly, my voice breaking as he tells us he's in one of the rooms at the back of the building.

Leah and I share a look before we sprint.

We sprint past the lifeless bodies on the ground as we meet the rest of the guys on the way.

Xavier and Max did stay in the car though, just to make sure Kayla wouldn't escape even though she's drugged.

"Nico?!" Leah shouts his name and we hear the echo of his voice at the end of the hallway, my feet instantly taking me towards the sound of his voice.

I exhale loudly when Nico appears before me, his hands holding my arms as he prevents me from going into the room behind him.

"Maeve, I don't know if you-," He tries to say but I don't listen to him.

Instead, I push my way past him and make my way into the room as I ignore Mason's voice when he arrives at the scene.

I step into the room, preparing for the worst but not even two steps into the room and I see Ethan lying on the ground.

His chest is rising, meaning that he's still alive.

Both of his legs are covered with blood.

But there were four gunshots?

Mason makes his way over to me, hurrying into the room like he understands what's going on.

He pushes the door fully open and my mind is suddenly so void that I think I might get tangled in my own consciousness.

I watch Mason crouch down the black-haired boy on the ground-My black-haired boy.

My vision is covered with blood, so much blood.

I don't waste time and crouch down next to Silas, his eyes closed and his chest barely even moving.

My breathing is shaking as I pull up his shirt, seeing that he was shot in his shoulder until Mason moves Silas' body to the side.

"Silas," I breathe, putting pressure on the wounds as blood flows out of his delicate skin, "Silas," I call out for him again but he doesn't wake up.