Chapter 5

It was a couple days later when I receive a call from the weird man from supermart, his voice deep and low, easily recognizable as he gave me a genuine order, a huge one at that. I guess he wasn't joking when he said he could be a potential customer.

We agreed on the time and I traveled to the address he gave over the call, with all his orders in my beloved and trusted huge stroller luggage bag.

"You're early"

He grin as I walk in to the place, a beautiful one storey bungalow in an expensive neighborhood. I try to hide my admiration towards the beautiful design inside, cleared my throat as I kneeled down to clear out his orders for him to check.

'Check the goods before you pay. We don't offer returns once I leave this place.'

Without looking at him I brought out the goods one by one, which includes many personal care items and even a few boxes of boxers, probably for his own use.

"It's okay, come on in, I'll get you a cup of tea."

His grin wide on him as he bend down and pick up the goods and brought them to the dining table inside.

'Oh, that's okay. I have to leave anyway. Here's the receipt, you're paying cash right?'

I smile politely back at him as I hand him the receipt. A small frown now appeared on him, before he place one of his hands on the door frame for support as he bend closer to look at me. I frown as the distance between us close in, and took a step backward while looking back at him firmly.

"Are you always this cold to your customers,  or is it just to me?"

His brow knitted together as his frown grew bigger, his eyes still curiously looking into mine.

'I'm here to deliver your order and to collect the payment. And that's what I'm doing right now.'

I stated as a matter of fact, still looking into his eyes as the frown now turn into another one of his grin.

"I'll settle the payment, after you have dinner with me."

The mischievous tone in his voice seems to make his eyes sparkle and for a moment I thought he look just like how Ethan would look like when he tried to win a candy from me.

'Look, it's six and I need to head back to pick up my son from the nanny. So please settle the payment.'

I glared at him as I burst the bubble, hoping that it is enough to send this man away like all other men. It is not that I automatically assume all men wants me, I just always want to keep a distance with all men to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding that might occur.

"So you have a son?"

For awhile I didn't know what his expression meant. But his grin grew wider and both his hands tuck into his pocket as he curiously confirms.

'Yes I do. Now can we please settle the payment?'

I point to one of his pocket, where he had conveniently push the receipt in along when he tucked his hands in.

"Is that how you reject men? You tell them you have a son?"

He ignored my request as he took another few steps closer to me, his eyes seems to sparkle with interest as they continue looking straight at me.

'Is that how you avoid paying? You change topics?'

I darken my glance as I fold my hands in front of me. I bit my lips from the frustration and didn't move as he took another step closer to me, another more step and we might end up kissing, if we were in a romance based movie that is, which I certainly hope we wasn't. Doesn't matter if he is good looking, I'm not signing myself up for stupid illusions and lovey dovey things with anyone anymore.

"It's my first time, meeting a girl like you. You're so interesting, makes me want to find out more. This son of yours, is he real or made up?"

His voice husky, probably because he spoke so quietly due to our extremely close distance. Our eyes still staring into each other, I didn't want to be the first to look away, that would seems as if I am bothered by it.

'Why would I lie about anything like that, he is real and he is the center of my life.'

I replied firmly, and he chuckled.

"Just a doubt, since an attractive lady like you might need a way to get out of...well, situations like these."

He replied, at least he is honest about his thoughts and isn't beating around the bushes. I look away finally, making sure that I rolled my eyes so he knew it wasn't because of embarrasment or anything that sort.

'My son is real. Let's not waste any more time and settle the payment.'

I reminded yet again and he finally pull out his wallet, simply took out two big notes and hand it over to me.

"Keep the change"

He said as I took them from him as quickly as I could, just incase he change his mind and wanted to annoy me further. I shot him a look as I pulled out my wallet, looking for his change. As much as I am desperate for money, I'm not getting tips from this man.

'...look, I'm not keeping any change from you. I just don't have the change for now, give me your bank account number and I will transfer it to you.'

I cursed myself silently as I realized I didn't have enough change for him. Why of all days, it had to be today? And with him? The grin reappeared on his lips and he paused for a moment before he chuckled.

"Nope, if you feel such a need to return my money, you are going to need to hand to me personally."

If only I can punch him. Why does he needs to make it so difficult for me? I already knew he is going to be a difficult one, but this, this is a whole new level of frustration. I watch as his head pop inside the key cabinet by the door, and for a moment I wonder if I should just let it go and get out of here right away. But he soon came back to me, a car key on his finger as he held onto my wrist.

"Let's go"

My eyes open in shock as he pulled me to a black car parked nearby, and his gesture so naturally led me to go inside the car. I blocked myself from being push in right away, both my hands now gripping tightly onto the car door.

' I'm not going to follow you anywhere. I will mail you your change, back away'