Chapter 10

'So where are you planning on bringing Ethan tomorrow?'

I almost choked on my food right as aunt Jemma spilled it out. As expected, Chanyeol raised his eyebrows and stop munching on his food.

'Nope, not going anywhere.'

I lied as I tried to continue munching on my food naturally. Aunt Jemma gave me a weird look, before glancing at Chanyeol then back to me. Then as if understanding what I am trying to do, she nods her head and let the topic slide.

"So.. tomorrow is Wednesday. I heard you take Wednesdays off to be with Ethan."

Aunt Jemma glance at me then went back to her food, pretending not to understand what's going on. I sigh as I ignored him, I guess I can't blame aunt Jemma for spilling the beans, he was here the whole day and they need to talk about something, I guess.

"Your corridor looks real nice, aunt Jemma even swipe it earlier today.. I guess I'd be okay camping out there tonight"

He grin as he continue speaking. I continue ignoring him, things have already went way out of my control and that can't continue to happen.

"Mommy brings me to slide. Uncle Chan-yo! At the park. Outside!"

If only I could smack my forehead right now. Yes, I've completely forgotten that Ethan is learning his words real fast recently, and he yearns for Chanyeol's companion. Of course he would tell him everything.

'Well, we will do something different tomorrow.'

I lean forward to wipe off the sauce that smeared on Ethan's lips and pat his head gently.

"No! Ethan wants slide! Ethan wants slide!"

I watch as he protest in fear of losing his slide time, something we only get to do on every Wednesday.

'Then we will go to a different slide, a nicer one, okay?'

I smile as Ethan calms down and flash me his super adorable smile.

"Aunt Jemma, is she always like that? Why does she keeps ignoring me?"

I rolled my eyes as he complaints and aunt Jemma laugh. Now he is back to the usual him, with big grins and sparkly big eyes. I glare at him then return to finishing the rice in my bowl.

'Hanna is just being protective, you'll understand once she opens up to you'

I bit my lips as I listen to what aunt Jemma just said. He will never understand, I will never open up to any man. I glance at Chanyeol to catch him looking back at me with a smile. I look away again as I swallowed my last mouth of rice and walk away to clean the dishes.

"I'll help you"

I didn't need to turn around to recognized his voice. I tried to quicken up my pace in scrubbing the plates, but who am I kidding..there's still a whole pile of them waiting for their turn to be scrubbed.

'It's okay, I got it'

But of course he never listens. He came around beside me and took over some of the dishes, cleaning off the soapy bubble then placing them on the dry rack. Who would've guess, this rich man here knows how to do his dishes.

"Have you always been so independent?"

I heard him ask as I took another plate and place it into the soapy liquid before scrubbing. I pause a little, I guess I am independent. I've not always been though, I've been dependant on my ex husband for the two years we were married. Too much so that I had such a hard time learning to become independent after I broke away from it all.

'Yes, I guess'

I muttered as I pass him another of the plate. He didn't have to know.

"Look, we finish up so quickly because we did it together. Maybe you can depend on me, or on others, for some things, like this"

I took a quick glance at him, then to the finishing pile of plates. He do have a point, but what does he knows? People don't stay, they come and go, and I rather depend on myself so I didn't have to fill that gap when they decides to leave.

'Maybe'

I shrug my shoulders and turn off the running water. Only left with wiping dry the plates now and we can call it a day. Reaching out to the top of the cabinet, I tried to tug onto the dry cloth hanging from inside. I never understand why aunt Jemma place it there, she had to step on a two steps stairs everytime she wants to take it herself.

I pause as his hands came around and hug me from behind. His head rest onto my back, and for awhile I enjoyed the warmth of it. My hands reach down and hold onto his hands, hesitating for a second before I broke them away from me.

'Don't'

It was close to a whisper as I shut my eyes close. Don't fall for him Hanna, don't open up to him, don't be so silly. All sorts of reasons came up and I tried to remind myself again why I cannot do any of these.

"I'm not your ex husband"

We went silent for awhile after that as we stood silently, each at our spots. True, he isn't my ex husband.

I smile momentarily. If only it is so simple. I can no longer trust any man.

'What do you want from me?'

I turn around to face him, suddenly curious at his intention. He didn't know anything about me, I've never open up to him, we only met for that few times, how could it be he wanted to date me after all the cold treatment he received?

"What? Nothing.. I like you, and I want to get to know you, and be with you. I like Ethan too. "

His eyes wide open as he tried to explain himself. Maybe I caught him off guard, and now he looks like a child being caught red handed for eating a candy without permission. I chuckle as he continue on. Perhaps I've been too tense towards him.

"Are you..joking right now?"

He pause when he saw me chuckle, obviously quite amused by what just happen. But right after I regain my posture and he caught on to what just took place, he pulled me into his embrace by surprise and planted his lips on mine again. This time slowly and tender before he pulled away from me. I bit my lips as I realize how he grin back at me when I notice I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the kiss, yet again.