Chapter 12

I stole a glance from him before looking back at the road. It's my first time seeing him being so serious and quiet. His eyebrows knit together and his lips form a firm line, how much did he listen to earlier? I've calm myself down and my tears had stop, and now I'm just wondering how do I start a conversation. I haven't been starting a conversation with an adult for a long time now.

"A cup of coffee isn't breakfast. I'm bringing you for breakfast."

Relieve that he decides to start a conversation first, I nodded my head and agree to it. I really didn't want to go against anything now, I'm too tired doing that.

'Okay. Thank you'

I added in, maybe I should start learning to converse more. I'm certainly rusty by the look of it. As if he could read my mind, he glance at me just at the same moment and his infamous grin reappeared.

"Do you like waffles or pancakes?"

Looking at the printed menu on the back of the cashier, he nudge me by my shoulder to ask. I took a glance at him, then back at the menu and remembered how I should start speaking more.

'Waffles, I guess....you?'

Then I guess I sound like an idiot. The pauses at the wrong places and the questions sounds more like a statement.

"Same, flavor?"

He smiles before he continue on, as if not realizing my awkwardness. Well, whether or not he realizes it, I am grateful he doesn't make me feel even more uncomfortable about it.

'Chocolate, you?'

He chuckles a little before pulling me closer beside him and I just let it be.

"Original, toppings?"

He ask again, by now I'm feeling pretty self concious about how dumb my questions back to him are, so I just pointed at the nuts and didn't bother asking him again.

"And nuts for me too, something in common huh?"

He tighten his arms around me as if to send a point about it as I bit my lips and manage a smile back at him. I agreed to let him pay for the breakfast, with the condition that I'll pay for the next meal we have together. His grin grew wider at that and when he grab the number plate for our order, he also grab onto my hands so naturally with his other.

"Here, sit here."

He smile as his eyes sparkle excitedly and pull me to sit beside him at a corner of the cafe.

'Thank you'

I mumbled as I fall into the seat beside him, closing up whatever gap between us in the tiny space. I notice how his arms came around my shoulders again, and he pulled me closer before planting a kiss on my lips.

"You're welcome"

I narrowed my brow as he grin even wider after that, clearly enjoying the moment. But instead of saying anything against it, I just smile back at him and rest my head slightly against his arms. I'm tired of pushing him away, especially when I feel myself wanting to get closer to him. Perhaps if my heart ever get broken, I'll learn again never to trust men. But for now, I just want to be with him.

"I went to get my car earlier, I thought it will help you in delivering your orders. I noticed you took a cab the other day when you send the orders to me. Just in case, if you thought I didn't bother."

His hands reach out to touch the back of his head, and I nodded again. So that's why he didn't follow after. I guess I think too much sometimes.

'Thank you, earlier too..for being there'

I glance at him and back down to the glass of orange juice that he ordered for us.

"Sorry I overheard, if you wanted to keep it personal."

His smile was gentle, unlike the usual mischievous grin. Did he feel pity for me? That's the last thing I want him to feel.

'It's okay, it's not really a secret. Promise me not to feel pity for me?'

I wince slightly as he pinch my cheeks, not from the pain but more from the embarrasment of the action itself. Yet so, I find my lips twitching upwards and I wondered if I really did enjoy it.

"I thought you were pretty cool back there. The slap and all. I'd know not to cross your path."

He grins as he pulled me closer again, and I blush at his words. The slap, yes, I guess that did happen.

The food came shortly after and he had grin while announcing to the waitress how we are a new couple out of the blue. I could get use to this, maybe? I still find it awkward for me to play along, although I do feel myself smiling when he said it aloud.

"Here"

I paused for awhile, looking at how he is holding up a mouthful of his waffle and waiting for me to munch on it.

'...I got it'

I bit my lips as I took the fork from him and feed myself. Then I slice a piece of mine and handed it back to him.

"Just testing your limits"

He wink at me, before chuckling by himself. So that was a test? Thank goodness I didn't give in to feeding each other, that was just bottomline cheesy and cliche. I elbowed him in his arms and grin back when he wince in pain.

'No more tests, promise'

I send a deadly glare at him, signaling my elbow if he doesn't.

"I didn't know you're into aggressive things...sexy"

He wink again as he speak aloud, earning another of my elbow punch right on his arm. He didn't seems to be too bothered about it though, he simply wrap me in his embrace and continue teasing me for the rest of the meal.