Chapter 17

"Goodnight sleepyhead"

He knock my head as I let out another yawn. I cuddled closer to him, taking in his scent that I've grown fond of.

'You better head home before it gets too late..didn't you say you have to meet some friends tomorrow?'

His fingers glide on my waist, a kiss in my hair. I look up at him and got another kiss. This time on my lips, much longer but still gentle.

"Maybe we should stay together, then I won't have to leave"

I chuckle at his words. He can't be serious, we've only been dating for a month.

'Do you like me so much? Now you want to spend twenty four hours together?'

I tease as I lean in to kiss him, his hands glide down to my bottom and rested there. I played with his hair, gripping onto them as we kissed, heat clearly forming between the two of us.

Then he gently pull away. Again. I manage a weak smile as he shuffled my hair while grinning back at me, as if oblivious to the heat between us.

"I better get going.. goodnight Hanna"

I nodded, pulling myself up from the bed and sending him to the front door.

'Drive safe'

I said when we hug and he kiss my forehead. He nodded and pull the gate between us close. Our gaze met before I look away, I guess I can't pretend that I don't doubt myself after couple of times of him pulling away when things get heated up. I always wondered if there is anything wrong with me, if it is because I'm a divorcee, if that matters in this relationship.

"Hanna..sleep early"

I nodded with a smile, then I shut the door behind me close. Leaning back on the door, I let out a deep sigh. Surely, something is wrong between the two of us.

The next morning, I did my usual routine with Ethan and headed to the city. I am going around the city delivering orders in cabs when I reach a commercialized area, needing to send out an order to a company nearby. I was walking through the street, half enjoying the scenery while pulling behind me an already half empty stroller when I notice Chanyeol's car in the valet parking. I look up to notice it belongs to a big cafe outlet. What is Chanyeol doing here?

I hesitate as I look at my stroller and back at the two storey tall cafe. Maybe I shouldn't disturb him...maybe just a hello and ill leave after that. I'm sure he will do the same if he sees me in the street..

Agreeing to myself, I walk up the steps to the cafe and push it open. The cafe isn't too pack since it is a weekday, I look around. Maybe upstairs. I thought to myself, pulling my stroller to a corner before going up to the second storey.

"How's your bet? Didn't you say she is willing to do anything for you now?"

"Yep, she's definitely ready. You guys better look out, the yacht is definitely mine this round!"

I look around as I reach the second floor, quickly realizing there's only two group of people around. Two girls sat where I could look at them directly, while three guys sat in a corner that was block with a lookthrough bookcase in between me and them. That is where the discussion had been coming from, I look harder as I made out Chanyeol's figure, sitting in one of the seat and looking out at the window. So these are the people he say he will be meeting today? Maybe I should leave now, since they seems to be in some sort of discussion.

"How about yours Yeol? Still plenty to do? Of course, you're unlucky this round. A divorcee, even with a kid! I'm surprise you last so long!"

"Yeol can get whatever girls he want, he's just unlucky he got that divorcee this round. But we need to act quick, he might get her to fall in love with him if we don't act quick!"

I paused and hide in the end corner of the bookshelf. Are they discussing about me? Didn't they mentioned something about bet when I walk in? What does this mean..

"Yes, so we all got them to kiss us, and we all went on dates. Last round, whoever get the girl to sleep with them first wins the yacht!"

"Ahh..where's Minho anyway?? I can't wait to get over with this and get the yacht. You don't know how unbearable that girl I got is. At least Yeol bet is pretty! Why do you guys always pick the fat ones for me!"

So..I'm Chanyeol's bet? For awhile I thought this must be a dream. This couldn't be real, who would do this? Not Chanyeol, definitely not him. He'd seems so sincere...so...real. I blink as I feel tears streaming down my cheek. I took another glance, wanting to make sure if it is really Chanyeol, my Chanyeol. But it is him, it is really him. I grip my hands hard into a fist, hoping by doing this the tears would stop.

I told you so. I heard my mind say.
Don't we already know men couldn't be trusted. I bit my lips hard as I hear it at the back of my head.
Stupid.

I try to calm myself down. Didn't I already told myself this is a casual thing between us? Then this shouldn't matter, I shouldn't cry or feel anything. Now it all make sense, how distant he acted at time, the disappearance once in awhile, how perfect he is. All for a yacht. He actually played with my feelings, aunt Jemma feelings... even Ethan feelings.. so we are just a past time to him.

I bring myself to walk away from the place, wiping off my tears I carefully rush down the steps.

"Look at where you're going!"

I bow in apology to whoever it was before rushing off and into the street. I can't believe after what I hear all I chose to do is to run away.