Chapter 27

I walk silently along the sidewalk, enjoying the breeze late in the night. Seemingly alone, but knowing that I'm not alone. Somehow I've come to enjoyed this feeling, knowing he is out here somewhere, near me.

I caught his shadows every now and then after that night in the bus stop, realizing he had been around me, watching me as I go about my daily routine. He never once came up to me, never once appeared in front of me. And sometimes, I wondered if it all is in my imagination.

I didn't want to forgive him, I guess I wanted to see how long this will last. If this is another of his tactic for getting me back. But it had been three months since the day I told him to disappear from my life, and here he is... walking a distance away behind me, still near me, still watching me. And yet, I never stop him or confront him...I guess I'm selfish at times like these.

Yet tonight was one of those nights. Those nights that make me feel particularly lonely and miserable. One of those nights where I'm so tired I hope he is right beside me, where I could touch him, where I could lean my head on his shoulders. And I wondered if I should call out his name, and look at him clearly once again.

But I didn't want to, it's just three months, a part of me reminded myself. I shouldn't trust him again, who knows how much he could be trusted.

I took a deep breath as I calm myself down. I guess I haven't tested him enough, I needed to know how sincere he is but I don't know how I wanted to prove that point.

I shut my eyes close as I stop in tracks, trying to feel him close to me. But in reality he isn't as close as I wanted him to be.

"Hanna"

My heart skip a beat at the thought of him calling my name. My eyes shot open excitedly although I already knew, the voice calling out to me isn't the deep low voice I've missed.

'Oh.. Dyo'

I tried not to sound or look too disappointed. Forcing a smile up, I watch as he came up to me, still the usual warm smile on his lips.

"I guess I like bumping into you, what are you still doing in this part of the city at a time like this?"

His eyes seems to shine in the dark night as he rumble his hair and they fall back to sculpture his face handsomely.

'Me? Uhm.. I'm just taking a walk I guess. Ethan is with his father for this weekend for the first time after our divorce... I guess I'm just worried..'

I smiled back as he nodded caringly at my words. But when his hands come forward and pat me on my head, my defence came back up and I quickly took a step further from him. The thought of Chanyeol watching all these just didn't seem right.

Dyo seems quite taken aback by my actions, before awkwardly removing his hand and tugging them into his jeans pocket. Yet he seems to shrug it off and started walking along beside me when I move along.

Don't buy coffee from this shop again!

I remembered how frustrated his voice was that last day. Keeping my chuckle to myself at the thought of maybe, just maybe, he is really jealous of Dyo. Carefully, trying not to be too obvious, I took a step away to further the gap between me and Dyo.

"I miss you in the cafe, you've not been there frequently"

He broke the silence as a warm grin pop up his face.

'I'm sorry, I must have been too caught up with work.. still, your business must be good without you passing me free drinks every now and then'

I joke as he laugh aloud. His laughter cheery and bright, and it seems to lift up the spirits in such a dark lonely night. I smiled back, silently enjoying the night, still hoping Chanyeol is still somewhere near me.

"Really though, I missed you"

I pretended not to hear those words as I continue walking along. Dyo is such a great friend, I didn't want to break it. But what he said, did he meant it as a friend? It surely didn't sound like it. Especially not now when he had stop walking along beside me.

"Hanna. Please, just look at me."

My feet now feels too heavy to take another step, I pause once again as I heard his voice clear and loud, ringing brightly through the night.

Hesitantly, I turn back to face him. His expression no longer the bright and warm one that I am used to. I avoided it, dropping my gaze to the tiled road beneath us. I didn't want this, that is why I tried to avoid visiting the cafe that frequently anymore.

'Please, don't'

I hear my own mumble, hoping it's loud enough for him to hear.

"Hanna..."

He hesitated, before sighing aloud. Then a warm smile greeted me as I look back up at him. Before he mess up his hair in frustration once again before breaking into a laughter.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it."

He beam as he nodded at me knowingly. Habitually, I bit my lips as I nodded back at him.

"Let's go, it's too late.. I'll get you a cab"

He spoke casually as his hands reach out and pulled me along behind him.