Chapter 38

Chuckling to the thoughts of his expression earlier, I reach down to flatten the creases on my blouse and skirt before calling out for aunt Jemma.

'I'm back!'

My voice obviously too cheery for my own liking, I tried to clear my throat just when Ethan squeal and ran to the gate as always while aunt Jemma tried to look for the key.

"Is it me or does your mummy sounds extremely happy today?"

Tucking my hair behind my ears, I let out a slight chuckle to avoid aunt Jemma question. Pulling Ethan up and into my embrace I hug him tight.

'And how are you today aunt Jemma?'

I smile as I peck her on her cheek, her beautiful smile appear as she pat me on my back.

"Yes, I'm good, I'm good. Just a little sore here and there, the process of growing old I suppose."

She wave her hand at the insignificance of her topic, as if to say there's nothing unusual going on.

'Have a rest aunt Jemma, I'll give you a great massage.'

I offered as I put Ethan back down and he scurried off to a corner with his toys and got busy playing.

"Oh no, you don't have to!it's late and you've been out the whole day!"

She tried to stop me but I insisted as I guide her to lay down on her bed.

'Aunt Jemma, I won't know what to do without you.. so the least you could let me do is to give you a nice massage after a long day'

She gave in after that, and I took the time to make her feel comfortable and help ease her ache.

"Aunt Jemma.. shh... shh"

Ethan came about after awhile, whispering in my ears. I chuckle at his actions, his fingers on his lips as he signaled that aunt Jemma is sleeping.

'Yes. Shh.. shh'

I repeated after him. Carefully, I pull away and adjust her position to a comfortable posture before bringing her blanket over to cover her.

'Ethan, let's go home.'

Ethan nodded, his eyes drowsy and his lips break into a yawn. Pulling him up into an embrace, he gave me a little kiss on my cheek before resting his head on my shoulder.

'Goodnight Ethan'

I whispered in his ear. He nodded back on my shoulder before squishing his chubby cheeks into the valley of my neck.

'Should mummy let you meet uncle chanyeol again?'

I smile at the serene sound of his light snores awhile after. His skin smooth as silk as I glide my fingers carefully on his face. Most of the time I have with him is when he's sleeping, since on most days I'm too busy working.

He seems to have grown a tremendously lot since I last realize. But will it be enough for another time of heartbreak if Chanyeol decides to leave again?