Chapter 7

I don't quite recall the series of strange things that unfold next, but as I sit here on aunt Jemma's dining table, and look across at how he is also sitting on the same dining table, I am quite sure he had won the heart of aunt Jemma and even Ethan.

I watch as he cooed Ethan from his place, and how Ethan chuckle and hit his hands excitedly on the table, and how aunt Jemma is busy bringing out the dishes from the kitchen.

'Leave after dinner.'

I speak up, finally unable to surpress my worry and fear. If he continue doing whatever he is doing to the both of them, I'm probably going to see him again, and not by my choice. I didn't want anyone new to come into my now peaceful life, and I don't want any changes in our daily routine. If he were to bark in here anytime he likes, we are going to have changes for sure.

"Okay, okay"

He place both his hands up to the sky, clearly confused with my sudden burst out. I have been quiet for awhile now, and although I enjoyed looking at how Ethan plays so excitedly with an overdue presence of an adult male, I am also worried about it. Silently though, I compliment his abilities in playing with children. I didn't expected that from him, quite the opposite actually.

'Don't be silly, Chanyeol can stay for however long he wants. Come, eat up'

I wince again at aunt Jemma words while he on the other hand gave a big wide grin off. His grin didn't last long though, because when he saw what was being served he probably had hoped that he didn't agree to dinner. I notice my lips twitching upwards slightly, my eyes scan the dishes for awhile and then back up at his face. If I'm going to be completely honest, aunt Jemma isn't cut for cooking. Most if not all her dishes are blantly cook, something I've learn to suck up since the first time she invited me over for dinner.

'Come on, eat up'

I glance up at aunt Jemma and nodded, and secretly celebrate inside my head when she pile up his bowl with a whole lot of dishes. He in turn look to me for help, but I just smile and look away. I guess he won't be returning for this.

When we finally clean up everything as Chanyeol kept Ethan entertain, it was already eleven in the night.

'Where do you stay Chanyeol? It is getting late, go home soon. This neighborhood isn't the nicest one around.'

I heard aunt Jemma telling him as Ethan came to my embrace and yawn. It have been a really long day for him.

"In the city, it's okay, I got a car ready waiting for me below."

I glance over just in time to see his grin. That was quick, when did he called for cab? Well again, I guess that isn't anything for me to worry about. At least he is leaving, for a moment there I wondered when this moment would come.

'Goodnight then, the three of you. Nice meeting you Chanyeol.'

We step out of aunt Jemma place and look on as she wave goodnight and lock the door behind her. I did a quick double check to see if she did indeed lock the gates well, like she said, this isn't the nicest neighborhood to be in. When I'm sure it is secured, I walk over to my lot, the keys already in my hands as Ethan droop his head onto my shoulders, probably asleep by now.

'So I guess this is it. Have a safe trip home.'

I look over my shoulders to see him planting a quick kiss on Ethan's cheek. Our gaze met and he look away, it was odd to see him awkward, different from his usual self.

"Thank you. Goodnight"

I heard him say as I step into the living room, ready to close the gate and lock the door. We came to face one another and we both pause for awhile. Ethan stir in his sleep, then a soft peaceful snore escape his little lips and we both let out a chuckle at the sudden noise in the silent night.

'Well, goodnight.'

I smile before I pull the gate close. He nodded and hesitated a little before turning around to head off. Locking the door, I'm now all alone in our apartment. Finally, back to how it should be. Just me and Ethan.