(Cha)-changes : Part 3: Ch-Choices

Do I go to this picnic? Do I stand her up? Should I call and cancel? Kim thought to herself as she sat on her bed. She was holding the ring with her fingers looking at it. She hadn't told anyone about it either. 

Kim chose to go, but she begged Monique to tag along. She didn't want to be alone with Shego. She was afraid something might happen. 

Monique parked her KIA and said, "Girl, I hope you know what you're doing." 

Kim sighed, "That's why I pleaded with you to come with me." 

"And you know Shego isn't gonna like me being here either. That woman tried to blast me with her mean green before. Remember that?" Monique shook her head. "If I were you I'd stick with Ron. He's the safe zone. This older woman, well, you know she wants to be kissy face with you and more." 

Kim unlocked her door. "Yeah I know. C'mon let's go." 

They walked around until they saw Shego. She was setting up a very nice picnic for her and Kim. A small cooler with waters in it and the coffee's as promised. Two large pizza's for them. Hers was Pepperoni with veggie toppings and extra cheese. She knew Kim liked Spicy stuff so she got her the new Sriracha blend with Italian sausage, pepperoni, peppers and the special sauce. There was also a big platter of fruits for them. 

Monique whispered, "You go and I'll hang back here." She felt Kim grab her arm with her left hand.

 "I'm nervous." Kim whispered back. 

Shego felt like someone was there. She turned to see Kim and  . . . She didn't know the girl's name, but she had seen her before. "Hey!" She called out. 

Monique had to push Kim to move toward her. 

Kim gave her a mean glance. Then she looked at Shego. "Heh- hey." 

"You brought a friend. Why?" Shego asked, looking annoyed, but normal. She wasn't wearing any green or black. She was wearing blue jeans with a pink shirt with Power Puff girls on it. "Betcha can't guess which one is my favorite." She pointed to her shirt and laughed. 

Monique walked over. "I never really watched that show. I know Kim was a fan though." 

"Buttercup. She reminds me of you." Kim said to her. "I'm a huge cartoon fan myself. I guess we have that in common." 

Shego felt awkward now. She wanted a date with Kim alone. Now she had to be nice to her friend too. "You know me as Shego, but you can call me Shannon if you want to." She held out a hand for Monique to shake. 

Say what? Kim thought. Did Shego ever tell me her real name? Did I forget it? She couldn't even remember. 

Monique lightly shook Shannon's hand. "Monique, or that girl you once or twice tried to kill." 

Shego laughed. "I knew you looked familiar."  She smirked then looked around. "Let's eat before the bugs get dibs on it." 

Monique got her some good stuff and a water. "I'm gonna eat in my car. Yall have fun!" 

Kim shook her head. "No stay here!" 

Shannon felt a stab from a invisble arrow in her chest. "What - you can't be alone with me? What do you think is gonna happen?" 

Kim didn't look at her. "Touching." 

"Okay, then I won't lay a finger on you. Just talk to me." Shannon said and ate a strawberry. 

"I asked you the other day. When did you start liking me?" Kim grabbed a grape and ate it. 

"That tick on your nose was really cute. Remember I wanted to rip off your nose?"