Hi, it's me . . . part 4

It had now been two weeks and no one had texted or called Kylie or me. 

Tim had been over to Shannon's with Jim and we had been playing cards and board games. At least it was something to fill the space inside where acceptance wasn't in. I'm happy that Tim and I were getting closer than ever too. 

It was strange for them to be so grown up. I still saw them as little mad dogs in the costumes for high school. 

Shannon and I were good and I was painting the wall in the kitchen with her a pretty dark rosy pink. It looked amazing with the colored wooden cabinets and hard wood floors. Together we were redoing a lot of things and making it ours. 

In another two weeks I would be moving in with her. I really needed to get a hold of Ron and talk to him. 

*

"You should talk to Kylie." Hana encouraged him. "It was hard for her to even tell her truth to you. Do you even know how Kim found out?" 

Ron shook his head. "We both kinda knew when Kylie was younger. Neither of us wanted to admit that our daughter was different." 

Hana knelt down in front of him. "She's not hurting anyone. She is in fact in love." 

Ron made disgusted sounds. "Bah, no she's not." 

"You said she's been with Stephanie for three years. She's in a committed relationship." Hana got up and stared at her brother. "You need to fix things with your family. You can't keep staying here. I'll give you five more days, Ronnie." 

Craaap! He thought. Now where do I go? 

"You need to talk to Kim and Kylie face to face." Hana said and left the room. 

Ron didn't feel like a grown up. He just wanted to play video games and forget his troubles. 

*

I went over to my parents house and knocked on the door. 

It opened a minute later. "Kimmie cub, what are you doing here?" James said to her. 

"We need to talk." I said and he rolled his eyes. 

James held the door open. "Fine, but your mother is at the hospital." 

"That's okay, let's go sit in the kitchen and I'll make us coffee." I said, hoping to break the hard shell I was seeing in front of me. 

James went to the fridge and took out creamer he liked. 

I was getting the K-Cups for us and then putting it all together. I loved the smell and breathed it in. 

"Dad, Kylie thinks you hate her." 

James frowned. "I don't hate her. I just don't want her to be gay." 

"That's not your choice to make. How would you like it if someone said you and mom couldn't be with each other?" I said and got a spoon out to mix the drinks. 

"I'd do anything for her. Like the Robin Hood guy in the movie." He said, tears welling in his eyes. He felt some fall down his face. And dabbed them away with his sleeve. 

"Kylie would do anything for Steph and vice versa. She's old enough to do what she wants with her life." 

James sighed and wanted to switch subjects. "What about Ronald?" 

"I wanted him to stay. He chose to leave because of Shannon. I wanted to have a polyamorous relationship. He nor Shego really wanted that. Ron moved out. I want to give him the house and I'm moving in with Shannon. He won't answer my texts or calls though."