(Cha) Change my mind - part 5

"Let me outta here!" Ron screamed for 100th time in the last hour. His voice was getting hoarse now. 

"Dude, you gotta stop yelling. No one can hear you." Mego said to him as he brought Ron a water bottle. "You should drink this." He slid it through the bars of the bird cage they sometimes kept Aviarius in. Aviaruis hadn't been around in a while. No one had seen him or heard from him in about a year. 

Ron crossed his eyes and evil eyed the bottle. "You put sleeping powder or poision in it!" He shouted weakly. 

"I'm so tired of listening to you. Get some rest. Kim will be here tomorrow to talk to you." 

A large bed of cotton was in the cage. Ron snatched the bottle examining it closely before taking a sip. He laid down, but the cotton was a little itchy. "This whole sitch is whack!" He angrily said and punched the cotton. "Why is this my life now?" 

He couldn't sleep. He was thinking about the last few weeks. Should he let Kim go?  He absolutely hated that Shego could be the main person in her life. He pictured them kissing, holding hands and getting married. He finally broke down and cried himself to sleep. 

Ron woke up the day to see familiar walls. He was in his bedroom. "Hello?" He called out. His bedroom door was wide open and Kim came into the room. 

"Morning, Ron. Hope you feel more like yourself today." 

"I was in a very large bird cage, right? Or did I dream that?" 

Kim sat on the bed. "You were and I brought you home. It's the best place to talk." 

Talk, yeah, sadly he knew where this was going. 

"Kim, I know you and you know me. I know I can't change your mind, but hear me out?" He said then yawned. 

She nodded. "Sure." 

Ron knew this was his only chance. "We're good together. We complete each other in the most random ways. We've been best friends since childhood. And we have a bond no one can break. I know I fell for you senior year and I love you. How can you let go of something so solid?" 

Solid? No, there had been so many bumpy moments along the way. "All of this with Shego is very new. I'm not just diving in to anything. Things with you aren't all peachy. We both know the petty fights and mistrust. I also can't help how curious I am to try a new relationship. You're all I've ever really known. There have been many crushes along the way. I've fallen for a lot of guys. You're the most special one out of all of them." 

Ron smiled at that. 

"It's my choice who I date. As of right now I want to be single. I need me. Figuring out this new chapter in my life will take time. I don't know how much. You'll always be my best friend, Ron. I really want to get to know Shannon now. I told her earlier how I need things to be and she's cool with it. If we become more than friends, do you even want to know?" 

Ron made a face and stuck out his tongue. "She's a girl." 

"And I'm figuring out if I'm into that or not." 

Ron lit up. "If you're not can we get back together?" 

Kim shrugged and shook her head. "I don't know. I just wanna hang out with my best friend. Is that okay?" 

"Yeah, that's cool." He said in a sad tone. "Back to the friend zone we go." 

Kim spent lots of time with Ron and also with Shego. 

A few months later there were several dates with her. They really liked each other. Kim was happy for now and that's all that mattered. 

*Fin