Positive: part 2

Kim was trying to put her new clothes on but felt like they didn't fit. "UGH. I'm so fat!" 

"Just pregnant." Ron said. 

Kim coulda sliced him with her mean look. He was lucky she didn't have that power. 

"We really should pick out a name." Ron said, scrolling through names on his laptop. "How about Ramona?" 

"No." Kim snapped in a violent way. 

"Geez, chill out. I want you to choose a few names and write them down. Then we can discuss it." 

Kim shrugged. "Yeah. Okay." Then she thought about not giving the baby a name just a number cause then there would be attachment. Ron would blow a fuse for sure. She went to look at the wall calendar. She counted the weeks to her due date. Eight more long weeks of being a whale. 

She looked down, but couldn't see her feet. "How do women do this crap? I mean nine months is such a freaking long time to grow a child." 

"Yeah never paid much attention in health class." Ron said, reading through girl names. 

Kim was afraid to say it, but she needed to. "Ron, I know you're going to hate me." 

Ron felt chills go through his body. "I know what you're gonna say. I want to raise my daughter even if you don't." He turned his chair on wheels to face her. "Are we even still together? I mean we haven't kissed or anything in months. You just complain for the most part and are very moody. I feel so disconnected from you." 

Kim felt like he'd b-tch slapped her. And he was right. What were they now? Just two people trying to be friends or just two lonely people having a kid together? Everything about their relationship had just fallen apart. 

"I think we're really over in all of the ways." She said softly as the pain of it all started to shatter her soul slowly. Sure she was hard to be around these days and she had hurt everyone's feelings. She had apologized for being rude and out of touch. 

Everyone disliked the newest version of her and she knew it. She knew people in her life were sick of her ways. Her constant complaining of being pregnant and being talked into keeping this kid. 

Ron knew he was gonna have to go find boxes to put all of his stuff in. "I guess I'll go see if they have another apartment available." He said and turned to computer to shut it off. 

Kim's thoughts went to, How am I gonna pay for this place by myself? She couldn't and it was a punch to the gut. "You stay here. I have to move back in with my parents." If they'll let me  . . . 

Later she was crying on her mom's shoulder. Ann kept saying everything was gonna be okay. Kim kept thinking what if it's not? 

A few hours later Ann fixed Kim some hot tea to take to her room. 

Back in the old bedroom Kim looked at it. She knew what she had to do. She went to talk to her mother. "Hey." She said as she came into the living room. "Here." She presented her mom with an envelope. 

"What is this?" Ann asked, taking it from her. She opened it to see cash. 

"It's all I can give without being broke. I hope it's okay." 

Ann felt bad for holding it. "Here, she gave Kim back a hundred of it. Three per month will be good with me. Thanks, for being a responsible young lady." She put it aside. "Have you picked out a name?" 

"Mooommmmm." Kim groaned. "I don't want to give IT a name."

Ann was very upset. "I'm with Ron on this. I don't want to give her away. I'll raise her myself. She's my grand daughter and I love her like crazy."