= Positive

"PREGNANT?!" Kim cried out in shock. "I've only done it once!" 

In the other room Monique, her bestie, gasped sharply. "Oh my . . ." She opened the door enough to say, "Can I come in?" 

Kim made a (Uh-huh) sound. 

Monique looked at the plastic test in Kim's hand. Her voice got high and loud. "Giiirrlll." Her eyes met Kim's. "All it takes is one time. Did that boy even use protection?" 

Kim let tears fall from her eyes. "Yes. I made sure of it." She tossed the test in a trash can then sat down on the lid of the toilet seat. "This is  . . . gonna change my whole life." 

Monique knelt down. "I'll be here for you too." 

Kim weakly smiled. "I'm nineteen years old. A freshman in college and I'm gonna have a baby." 

"How far along do you think you are?" Mo asked her. 

Kim counted by using her fingers. "About seven weeks ago." 

"We need to get you a doctor's appointment A-Sap." Mo said and stood up. 

"Yeah." Kim said and got up too. She went to grab her phone. 

Mo watched as her friend struggled to text someone. "I think you need to share the news face to face." 

Kim shook her head. She made a weird high pitched sound before losing it. She broke down into a flood of emotions and tears. "How am I suppose to tell my parents?" 

Mo shook her head. "Not like this for sure. You're not a kid anymore, Kim, you're having one." 

F!!! She thought angrily. She had gave in to the pressure of Ron's asking. Now she was here and expecting. 

"Clean yourself up so we can go talk to your parents." Mo said and watched as Kim's surprised anger turned into panic. "It's okay. A lot of women get pregnant at an early age. Your parents are gonna be shocked, but you gotta talk to them." 

Kim texted Ron to meet her at her parents house. "I'll be ready in ten." She went to wash her face and put some make-up on. Her eyes went to the positve test in the trash can. Should she bring it? She grabbed some toilet paper and fished it out. Then wrapped it better and went to grab her purse. 

Over at her parents house . . . 

Her mom was baking cookies for them to snack on. 

Ron wasn't even there yet. Should she have asked his parents to come over? Nah. She wasn't ready to deal with their shock as well. 

I've always been a good girl, she thought. I have sex one time and get pregnant. I'm so stupid! She had spoken with Ron about getting birth control prior to doing it the first time. He convinced her that he'd be careful and that she wouldn't end up like this. 

Now I have to get married . . . ugh. 

She grabbed Mo and said, "Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian." 

Monique burst out laughing. "I mean you can be Bi if you want to be. Try it out." She whispered. 

Kim shook her head. "Who would even wanna kiss me?" 

Mo answered, "The black haired woman that you always fight with." 

Kim looked at her like she was crazy. "She's not . . . Is she?" She paused thinking to herself. 

"I think she swings both ways, Kim." Mo told her. Her eyebrows moving up and down with a smirk on her face. 

"Get out of here!" She said loudly, but wondering if it were true.