Mid-Life Meltdown (Yrs later)

Ron was nervously shaking his legs at the kitchen table. 

Kim, trying to eat her dinner was getting worried. She felt like the drinks were gonna fall and that whatever was making him do this was gonna break him. "Ron! Are you okay? Stop that!" She firmly said in a mid-high voice. She didn't wanna be too loud. 

Ron Huh'd to himself before turning to her, "What?" 

"The shaking. Please stop it." 

Ohhh . . . she noticed, he thought. "Sorry." 

"Just tell me what's wrong." Kim said, not wanting this to drag out. 

"Nuh-nothing. Just my birthday in three weeks." 

OY . . . yeah. She'd just turned fifty herself in May. His was coming fast. He's having a meltdown! She thought and felt the heaviness of it. 

"That's what's making you so nervous?"

Nervous?! Bah. More like FREAKED OUT! He yelled in his own mind. "The big fi-fighh. Oh My Gahhh!" He was having a panic attack. He started rocking himself in the sturdy wooden chair. 

Kim was now scared now. "Okay, Ron," She stood up and went over to him. "It's gonna be okay. We're in this together." 

He'd checked out of reality. 

Kim wondered what was going on in his mind. 

A Rollercoaster that was screeching on the tracks. Ron alone crying in terror as this coaster loses control and flies into the air. 

"RON!" Kim yelled at him. 

"My life is a nightmare." He said in a tight voice. 

"Aging is a part of life." 

Ron's voice yelled out, "I don't wanna die!" 

Kim put her hands over her face. "Why?" She said to herself. She heard him sobbing now. She took her hands away from her face and sighed heavily. "No one wants that, but it happens." 

Wanted wanted to argue with her on that. Instead he dramatically got up still fully crying and ran out of the room. 

Kim crossed her arms. "My husband is five years old." She heard him running up the stairs and seconds later back down them. She watched as he ran by her to the front door. He jerked it open and slammed it behind him. WTF? She thought and ran to open the door. 

The car lurched to life and zoomed out of the driveway. 

Kim pressed a button on her watch. "Wade, help me, please. Ron's gone mad. He took off in the car like a thief would." 

Wade looked concerned. "Okay," He said while typing stuff. "I'm tracking him." 

Kim went to get her car keys and got into her car. "Where is he now?" She asked Wade. 

"Headed toward Upperton." Wade told her. 

Kim knew where he was going. The big Bueno Nacho in Go city. 

Inside the mexican resturant he told the guy at the register he wanted one of everything on the menu. 

"Why?" The young blonde haired guy asked.

Ron told him in a mid-whisper, "You only live once." 

Kim arrived to see a huge crowd. They were watching the large amounts of food being brought to a table. She hid herself, but still a good view of the massive mukbang. "Damn." She whispered to herself. "This is beyond crazy." She saw how happy Ron was and he took a large bit out of a burrito. Breaking out of the crowd she went over to him. "You're gonna need to-go boxes." 

Ron's big eyes looked up at her. His head nodded as he chewed his food. 

Kim sat down and grabbed a nacho chip to nibble on. The crowd thinned out soon enough and it was them and a lot of food. 

Foxx Gordon came over to them. He was Hego's son and was sixteen. "Mukbang city, dude. Are you filming a video?" 

Should I be? Ron thought. He smiled and grabbed his phone. "K.P. film me!" 

Oh crap . . . "Do I have to?" Kim said, dreading this. She saw the pout and the puppy eyes in play. "Er . . . fine." She took his phone and pressed record.

"My peeps of Earth and beyond!" He shouted and Kim tried to hide herself with her hair. "This is Ron! Stoppable, ya know. I think . . . I'm here at the most tubular Bueno Nacho ever. I gots all the eats and treating myself til I pass out! Let's get the chip and dip it in the Salsa El Diablo X!" He chewed happily. "Hot and tasty!" 

Kim was super bored fifteen minutes later. "I don't wanna do this anymore." 

" . . . but there's so much more!" He whined. "Foxx! We need to go platters! Please!" 

The hunky teen smiled over at them. And gave them some weird hand gesture. 

Ron frowned. "I am kinda full. I'll do another vid later! Bye to all of my Stoppaballerz and crew!" 

Kim stopped the recording. "Thank goodness." 

"What's your sitch?" Ron snapped. 

"You ran out of the house like a Mad Dog on meds and came here." Kim said. 

Ron smirked. "Wanna renew our vows?" 

That made her suddenly nervous. "Why?" 

"Cause we can and we love each other, right?" 

Uh huh . . . "Yes, but we don't need to do that." 

Ron then said, "We should buy a really big boat and," 

Kim held up her hand. "Nope. No way. You and water do not mix well."  She pictured them sinking and refused. He'd already sank two cars by accident. 

Foxx brought over several bags and to-go boxes for them. "My dad said you're his best customer ever. He's busy doing work in the back." 

Aww . . . sweet! "Cool, I'll leave a good tip!" 

Yikes . . . How Much was he thinking?! "How much did all of this cost?" 

Ron laughed. "A lot of money." He felt embarrassed now. "Is a 100 bill too much?" 

"That sounds good enough to me." She said, helping shovel the food onto the plates. 

Later . . . .

"Kim, let's go sky diving!" Ron said to her as they watched a reality show together. 

"We've done that several times over the years." 

Ron said, "Yeah that was when we were on missions. Let's do it for fun." 

"Honestly I don't care to do that anymore. I'd rather my feet stay on the ground." 

Ron grinned, "Wedding in Vegas?" 

"Stop it already. I'm tired of this mid-life meltdown you're having. We don't need to get married again." Kim told him and he looked hurt. 

"I just want to have fun before I die." 

Kim only looked at him. She saw the sadness and fear in him. "We'll talk about other options. I just need you to chill out." 

Ron grabbed her hand. "I'll try as long as you're with me then I'll try." 

"I'm not going anywhere. You are stuck with me til the end." 

"Good!" He said and kissed her. "I love you." 

Kim smiled, "I love you too." 

"Ooh what about  . . ." He started. 

Kim looked into his eyes as her finger silenced his lips. "Write all your thoughts on paper and we'll talk about them later." 

Ron nodded. 

"Good." She said and kissed her husband a few times. "Let's just cuddle now." 

"Sounds perfect to me." Ron said and held her close.