I'm not your Princess

I'm not your Princess. I'm not your cupcake. Nor am I any other pet name that you've called me in the past. 

Why am I thinking of these things all of these years later? Why is this bothering me? Why do these words haunt me at two a.m. ? 

What is it about you that I can't seem to get out of my head? I haven't seen your face in many years. We haven't spoken at all. You moved on and so did I. 

Everything moved forward and different roads were taken. Yet I sit here and wonder would things be different if we stayed? Was there something hidden behind those pet names? Or was it all just included in the games and fights. 

We're both older now. I have a family, do you? I could ask my friend Wade to get your location. Part of me says NO and the other says it's bittersweetly curious. I could White Page you. I could look to see if you have social media pages. 

It hurts to not look. 

People tell that they have seen you here and there. Mostly out with Drakken and your brothers. I haven't spoken to any of them either in years. I feel like a lonely old woman that sits behind her computer and cries herself to sleep every night. 

And then I look to my left to see Ron there. I'm not alone, but I feel like I am. 

I am still saving lives, but I'm not a hero anymore. I know I am to my patients. My mother convinced me six years ago to go into nursing. Did you know as of now there are 39 different types? Holy Cow! I know, right. Now I work as a registered Pediatric Nurse. 

Do I miss the action and suspense of going after criminals? Sometimes my heart aches for that. Then I look at the kids and in their eyes I'm just Miss Kim. They don't know the real side of me that adults do. I do tell them stories of the past and make up other things to make them cooler. 

It's quiet and once again I'm tired. I've dreamt of you in the past and even now. Most of them are ones of fighting and some are odd. I talk to you like we are best friends. Some dreams you and I are more than that. Where did that come from? And those are more recent. 

I wonder if you think of me. Have you been near and haven't said hello? That would upset me. 

Then again I don't know if you'd even want to be friends with me. Was it me? Was it something I said or did to make you ignore me? Guess I'll never get answers unless I seek you out. 

I know I'm not your princess. I'm nothing more than just me. A woman that thinks of the past. And sometimes fears of the future. And wonders what if. I wish I had a Time Monkey. I would risk it to have another chance. I would give you more of my time. I would do anything to just have you near me again.

Maybe I'll risk rejecton and ask to talk. I think it's the only way to satisfy what I feel. What if you say no? That's what bothers me the most. 

If that happens then I'll cry. Dry the tears and ask once more. If another no then it'll be hard to truly let go. 

I'll never be your princess, but part of me wanted to be. And this secret I'll keep with me.