Chpt 9: Starring Joy The Slut Hopper

The next morning, Nancy, Johnathan and i went to the hunting shop. It took me nearly 4 hours to convince them i was fine and that i was able to help them. That isn't quite true but i wanted to help.

I still felt weary every time i heard a sudden noise but hopefully if we kill this thing and i know it's dead, i won't feel so helpless.

We walked into the store and grabbed anything that looked like it could kill this beast. I have never went hunting before but my dad taught me how to use a gun when i was ten so... Maybe that will help.

When we put all of our gear on the desk, the worker looked us up and down. "What are y'all using this for?" he asked.

We all went silent not knowing what to say. "Monster hunting" Nancy blurted out. "Cool" the working said.

"Monster hunting? Really?" i questioned as we walked out the store. Nancy chuckled as we threw the boxes in Jonathan's car.

As Johnathan and Nancy hopped into the car, i heard a car beep from behind me. "Hey Joy, can't wait to see your movie" a guy hollered out from the moving car.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. It wasn't until then, i looked around to see nearly everyone staring at me. "Joy, what's wrong?" Johnathan asked. I felt my breathing get quicker and quicker.

I walked hastily towards the centre of town to see what everyone was talking about. As i passed people on the street, i heard whispers and scoffs. I heard Johnathan and Nancy call out behind me but i did not care.

I saw a group of people circling the movie house so i ran over. Everyone turned their heads and snickered when i pushed through the crowd. My heart dropped as i read the sign. "All The Right Moves Starring Joy The Slut Hopper"

My mouth slightly fell open. I was used to being called names in school and getting looks in the hallway but this was different. Everyone was looking at me. Everyone in town saw this. I heard laughing coming from behind the building.

All my anxiety and sadness turned into anger when i heard a familiar voice. "Joy... Oh my god" Nancy mumbled. "Come on Joy, we will deal with this later" Johnathan said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

I pushed passed both of them causing them both to fall to the ground. I stormed towards where the voices were coming from and i saw Carol, Tommy and some random red haired girl. A frown formed on my face as i saw Steve Harrington standing behind them.

"Awww, hey there princess" Carol said with a smirk. "Uh oh, she looks upset" Tommy said. I walked up to Steve as he gave me a cold glare. All my pent up anger was used in a slap across his face.

"What is wrong with you!" i exclaimed in a shaky voice. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? I was... I was actually starting to think you were cool" he said. "What are you talking about!" i shouted.

Carol chuckled to herself as i gave her a glare. "The poor girl doesn't even realise you know Steve" she said with a smirk. "What is she talking about?" i questioned.

Steve let out a scoff. "You seriously don't think i'm that dumb do you, Hopper? Well, i guess you do according to your diary" he said. I tilted my head in confusion.

Steve turned around and grabbed something from a dirty box. He tossed me a book and i sighed as i saw what it was. It was my diary. I then remembered i threw it in the box i was carrying that night the monster chased me in the woods. I forgot to go back for it.

"I was in my back yard, trying to be a good boyfriend and help Nance because she said she saw a bear in the woods behind my house the day after Barb went missing. And i found a box of junk. You know, stuff about Hawkins lab, some old hippie science experiments and... That" he said.