Chpt 57: Pyschos And Ghosts

"Hey would you slow down!" i exclaimed.

"You do realise we're in a rush and this isn't some fun field trip!" Steve exclaimed back. I rolled my eyes as i continued washing the dye out of my hair.

Robin grabbed a chair and sat next to me. She gave me a fake smile and stared at me. "Could you maybe want to explain to us why you are dying your hair whilst we're having a crisis?" she asked.

"Because i want to feel like me. I haven't felt like me for a while so i thought getting rid of this haircut would be a start."

She nodded and rolled her eyes. "So stupid" Erica mumbled under her breath. "I'm sorry, it's me and Max offering to be the bait for this pysco. Would you like to take my place?"

She huffed as she slumped in her seat. I searched through to cabinets in the trailer and wrapped a towel around my head.

I found some chocolates as i was looking for the towel and decided to offer it to Max. "Hey" i said as i sat down next to her. She lowered her headphones and gave me a weak smile.

I put the chocolate out and gestured for her to take some. "I'm okay thanks" she said. "Oh come on! This may be the last time you can eat some" i said sarcastically.

She did not find it funny. Her smile faded as she looked out the window. "Okay, i'm sorry. I'm just trying to lighten the mood" i said.

"I know. But in this situation i don't think you can" she said. I tried to think of anyway to cheer her up. "So... How are you and Lucas doing?" i said with a smirk.

She sighed and put her headphones back on. "I'm really not good at this, am i?" i said as i took them off her head. She smiled slightly.

"Oh! Maybe i am! So the way to make you laugh is self pity. Got it" i said with as we both laughed. "On a serious note, how are you and Lucas?" i questioned.

"How are you and Steve?" she questioned back. "Ouch!" i exclaimed. "We're... Getting better i guess. We're friends at least. I broke up with him for a good reason. I don't want to get back together with him until that reason goes away" Max said.

I gave her an encouraging nod. "I know exactly what you mean.... And i'm sorry for all the Vecna crap i was saying. I didn't mean to scare you or anything. I just... I don't really know how to handle all of this either" i said.

"It's fine. It's just since he... You know... I've never felt more like a ghost. Well that's what i am according to Lucas anyways."

My heart dropped. Maybe me were more similar than i thought. I grabbed her hand and gave her a weak smile.

"Your not a ghost. Your just someone who's had shitty things happen to them, and you can't go back to the person you were. That doesn't mean your... A ghost. It just means your a small bit different"

She smiled as she nodded her head. "And on the plus side, all these shitty things make great humour" i said sarcastically. We both laughed until i heard someone walk up from behind me.

"Mind if i cut in?" Lucas asked. I smirked slightly. "Of course" i said as i gave Max an encouraging thumbs up behind Lucases back.

I walked over to Steve and sat in the passenger seat. I looked at him as i thought of what i had just said to Max. Maybe i should start taking my own advice.

"What are you staring at?" he questioned. "Nothing... Do you know you have really nice hair?" i asked. He gave me a shocked look. It was then i realised, i don't think i've ever given Steve a compliment.

"Are you high?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. "Did the fumes from your hair dye affect your brain or something?" he questioned. "What! Am i not allowed give you a compliment?!" i exclaimed.

"No! Your not! You have literally never given me a compliment. And i think i'd like to keep it that way!" he exclaimed. "Fine! I won't do it again" i said with a small smile.

When we finally arrived at the hunting store, we all walked in with large shopping carts. "Where do we start?" Dustin asked. "Everyone split up and meet back in the RV in 20 minutes" Nancy said.

We all split up into small groups and began searching. I followed Erica who walked straight over to the bullet aisle. She emptied about 40 boxes of bullets in the shopping cart and moved on to the next aisle.

"Do you think an axe can kill him?" she asked. I paused. "I don't know... Grab it anyway" i said as she put two axes in the cart. As we searched the many aisles, i got distracted when i saw Nancy talking to someone.

When i looked closer, i saw that it was that annoying jock who broke into my cabin and who is trying to kill Eddie. "Stay here" i said to Erica as i walked towards them.

I saw the jock grab the gun Nancy had in her hand as she refused to let go. He began inching closer and closer to her. "Is everything okay here?" i asked.

He recognised me instantly as i saw his angry expression turn to a cocky one. "Joy Hopper" he said condescendingly. "Everything's fine."

I raised my eyebrows as i looked at Nancy. "He was just leaving" she said coldly. He let out a small laugh as he finally let go of the gun.

As he backed up from Nancy he inched closer to me. "I heard stories about you. Well, you and nearly every guy in high school... Eddie was one of them, right?" he questioned.

I kept a straight face as i didn't say anything. "So it's true?... If Eddie was to run to anyone after he killed Chrissy, i'm guessing it would be you then" he said.

"I don't know what your talking about" i said. "You know where he is. And you better tell me now. Or-"

"Or what?" Nancy said as she stood next to me. Jason shook his head and laughed manically. "I'm going to find him... He is going to pay for what he did" he spat.

Nancy and i stood there in silence. "I'll see you both soon then" he said as he finally walked away. I let out a small breath of relief as he did.

"Jesus, that guy is-" "A fucking pysco?" i said finishing Nancys sentence. "Pretty much" Nancy said. I let out a small laugh. "Thanks for having my back there" she said.

"Of course, Wheeler. I had to pay you back from that night in the woods behind Steve's house. If it wasn't for you and Johnathan i would have been demogorgon food by now" i said.

She tried to put on a smile but i saw slight tears form in her eyes. "Oh no, did i say something again?" i questioned.

"No it's not that it's just... I need you to stop giving up right now and survive for the next 24 hours. We'll kill this shit head and get you back."

I gave her a shocked look. "Jesus Wheeler! I don't think i've ever heard you curse before" i said. She smiled as i put my arm around her.

"Fine. Next 24 hours i'll try and stay alive. But that's all you're getting from me."